Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Have to keep it a secret for another week!

My wonderful fiance proposed on the 17th, and I couldn't be happier!! I'm just dying now because I'm in a sorority, and we're supposed to keep it a secret from our sisters until we have this ceremony. The ceremony is every girl's dream, 200 girls in a room screaming with excitement about your engagement, and mine is scheduled for the 26th. I've told my closest sisters, but I can't put it on Facebook yet and I take off my ring if I run into a sister. I just wanted to put it somewhere online that I am finally engaged!!! It doesn't even feel real yet!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Have to keep it a secret for another week!

• Options

Congrats and I would totally have a hard time keeping it a secret, too!!

• Options
    Congrats! That sounds like a very exciting experience! Have fun on your day with your sisters! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!

Question for you, so how does it get scheduled then if no one can know about your engagement?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In our sorority you toldl the president, who schedules it for the end of a meeting.
  • Options
    I think in some sororities they say that *someone* got engaged, but the sisters don't know who.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!! My fiance and I kept it a secret from our parents for a while. We wanted to tell them, but in person, and it didn't happen for MONTHS. It was awful! I feel your pain. But at least the two most important people know and are happy!!
  • Options
    I just loved mine and you will LOVE yours too! Luckily with the timing of my engagement, we were able to line it up with a meeting the very next day!! :-) There were 3 other girls all at that "almost engaged" point when I had my reveal, so a lot of girls were really unsure which one of us it was!! Enjoy it!!! It becomes real SUPER fast once those 200 girls all ask you if you set a date, who is in your wedding, etc!! :-)
  • Options
    Almost there! <3

Enjoy your big reveal!
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Congratulations.

I am happy you like this situation of 200 people fawning over you, but its not for me. Personally I think the engagement is a private afair the wedding is a public declaration. I would not want this fanfare of people so no its not every woman's dream. I also didnt want a camera man at my enagagement, or 500 people surrounding me when it happened. Then again I also think that outside under the sky god created you're closer to god than in a brick building made by man. However that being said that is what makes us as humans wonderful our differences. I am overjoyed your proposal, and announcement will be every thing you've ever dreamed of.

Many Congratulations and I hope your reveal is everything you want it to be. Enjoy your engagement as well!
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    I just got engaged on a vacation with my now fiance :) But I only was allowed to tell 1 person and he was too. We aren't telling our families until the 9th it makes it more exciting though to keep it a secret :D
  • Options
    <div>OMG I totally had to do that too! I had to keep my engagement a secret for a week before we had my sorority candle passing, but it's definitely worth it! The experience is so exciting, I even started crying!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_have-to-keep-it-a-secret-for-another-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4744e9b1-c3c9-4312-a849-5e0350f4b33ePost:81df38b2-e21b-4e81-9d70-71a773c79978">Have to keep it a secret for another week!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wonderful fiance proposed on the 17th, and I couldn't be happier!! I'm just dying now because I'm in a sorority, and we're supposed to keep it a secret from our sisters until we have this ceremony. The ceremony is every girl's dream, 200 girls in a room screaming with excitement about your engagement, and mine is scheduled for the 26th. I've told my closest sisters, but I can't put it on Facebook yet and I take off my ring if I run into a sister. I just wanted to put it somewhere online that I am finally engaged!!! It doesn't even feel real yet!
    Posted by SallyT14[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_have-to-keep-it-a-secret-for-another-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4744e9b1-c3c9-4312-a849-5e0350f4b33ePost:1e97f3ee-a6d8-4476-8b1e-c51a6ae60d4a">Re: Have to keep it a secret for another week!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations. I am happy you like this situation of 200 people fawning over you, but its not for me. Personally I think the engagement is a private afair the wedding is a public declaration. I would not want this fanfare of people so no its not every woman's dream. I also didnt want a camera man at my enagagement, or 500 people surrounding me when it happened. Then again I also think that outside under the sky god created you're closer to god than in a brick building made by man. However that being said that is what makes us as humans wonderful our differences. I am overjoyed your proposal, and announcement will be every thing you've ever dreamed of. Many Congratulations and I hope your reveal is everything you want it to be. Enjoy your engagement as well!
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

She is already engaged. She is just announcing it to her sorority.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards