Wedding Etiquette Forum

Yo Lurkers

Re: Yo Lurkers

• I'm just gonna point out... I don't think it's been minus-anything in Toronto yet...
  • Yeah but you just wait when I have a +10 day in February and it's -20 there.  I'll be bragging up a storm!  Haha.  This was an unusual start to winter for calgary that's for sure.  We don't usually get snow til December.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Sweeeeeet, Mandy's coming to either where I am or where I'm going.

And yeah, we're smart women - we can deal with changing the subject and/or talking about things that were last discussed 20 minutes ago :) Feel free to jump in.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c939c95b-c954-4cb3-8e1e-5e5ed7d4d6cfPost:67bd2285-2770-4bc9-92f2-a167c3b9c718">Re: Yo Lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind when people come in after the subject has changed! Congrats!  How's married life?  Did you live together before? 
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Haha thanks!  Married life is good so far!  We didn't live together before but it didn't take as much adjusting as I thought it would.  We'd been together for 5 years before we got married though so I'm not sure why I thought there'd be any surprise in store...</div><div>
    </div><div>P.S. I'm in Winnipeg.  It's been snowing non-stop for two days and it's -15.  I would take being just about anywhere else right now </div>
  • Oy.

We've been sitting close to -40 with the windchill all week. 

However, it's supposed to get to -7 this afternoon..not sure to believe it yet, as it was -30 without the windchill this morning.  But every once in awhile, we get a breath of those Calgary chinooks, so maybe they're right.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c939c95b-c954-4cb3-8e1e-5e5ed7d4d6cfPost:843dc6be-e5a3-436e-a44e-c2cf031db9a5">Re: Yo Lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah but you just wait when I have a +10 day in February and it's -20 there.  I'll be bragging up a storm!  Haha.  This was an unusual start to winter for calgary that's for sure.  We don't usually get snow til December.

Humph.
  • It was -14 when I got up to walk my dog this morning. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• And I thought it was cold here at 20 degrees! Not jealous of you girls at all. =)
    Photobucket
  • No need for a jacket here (Kentucky for the holidays).  And, it was 74 on Sunday.  I drove around with the sunroof open on the car.  It was awesome. 

I am not looking forward to winter in Boston, though.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • It's only snowed twice here so far, and only for like, 15 minutes. We've usually had a blizzard by Hallowe'en. I don't know what to do with myself anymore =(
  • I'll be all up in your grill.  "Hey Alix!  Ya cold?"   And I'll be wearing flip flops and a spring jacket.  Oooh yeah!

Winterpeg eh?  I lived in Dryden for a year.  That was the coldest winter I've ever experienced.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Oh hai LemonMom!  I want to go to Kay-Why!  I would kill for 74 riight now!

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • I try really hard not to complain about the weather because, after all, I chose to live here.  And I do really like snow.  But it seems like winter just arrived all at once and I really was not prepared.  *sigh*
  • I thought a chinook was a salmon (don't worry, I googled, I know what they are now). THIS THREAD IS SO CONFUSING. US holidays need to be over because apparently when the Canadians are in the majority, Emily doesn't understand anything that goes on around here.
  • Come on down and visit, Mandy.  We're cooking 4 turkeys - I guarantee we have enough food.  One of them is 22 pounds.  Dad's deep frying it, but it's going to have to be cut up first - it's too fat for the fryer.  (My grandmother bought it and didn't realize.) 

I like snow when I can ski on it.  Or, enough to be pretty for Christmas.  But no stinkin' wind, and the snow shouldn't be deep enough that I really NEED snowboots, thankyouverymuch. 

I hadn't had 74 degree weather in a while in Boston, either, so I was PUMPED about it.  It's not the beach, but it's better than 33 and rainy.  That's just grossness.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c939c95b-c954-4cb3-8e1e-5e5ed7d4d6cfPost:6bfb8d6e-22ca-4066-98b5-508acd399669">Re: Yo Lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought a chinook was a salmon (don't worry, I googled, I know what they are now). THIS THREAD IS SO CONFUSING. US holidays need to be over because apparently when the Canadians are in the majority, Emily doesn't understand anything that goes on around here.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

It's just a warm air movement that comes down over mountains. They can raise temperatures by like, 30*C in a couple of hours. It's crazy.

ETA: Derp. You already said you googled it.
  • Don't save any bird for me.  I'm just coming for the carbs and veg.  :)

Also, I would kill for 33 and rainiing also.  Hahaha.  SAD.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Haha yeah, squirrly, I probably should've qualified that.  I like some snow.  I like snow that is pretty, not too deep, fluffy, and bright white.

I dislike snow that is dirty, hard and really more like ice, so deep that I can't open my back door (happened last year), and when the wind is blowing it in my face at high speeds so it feels like a bunch of tiny knives.  

The best part about it snowing is that it can't be too cold and snow at the same time.  I'll take snow over -40 and clear any day
  • chinooks are what get me through -30 days.  i would die without them. 

only downside?  the snow dries up.   then we get more and we  have to deal with idiot drivers at least a dozen times throughout winter.  it's like they forget how to deal with the snow in a 2 week span.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • How long you been lurking? I post randomly but since June. I have a different name I don't use because I was a dummy and made it my name. Decided that was dumb because how people got when that site was up, so I changed it.
    When's the wedding? July 7th 2012
    Why don't you post?I either come in late or I have nothing to add.

I do want to say, I really hope Saskatchewan doesn't pull an idiot move like last year because I will personally find the moron responsible for it again and kick him in the shin. We're having a blizzard today...actually it's lightened up a bit but it's windy. It rained this morning so it's completely disgusting out. Mandysmear, I live in northern ontario, we get snow 8 months at least out of the year and we still have people that haven't grasped the concept of winter driving.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • 38 and drizzle in Chicago today.  All this talk of below 0 already makes me want to throw myself in the oven along with the corn pudding.  We'll get our share of below 0 but usually not until Jan.
  • Where in northern ontario? 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c939c95b-c954-4cb3-8e1e-5e5ed7d4d6cfPost:deb8fb56-bb10-4cd6-8e72-f3080cadff88">Re: Yo Lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long you been lurking? I post randomly but since June. I have a different name I don't use because I was a dummy and made it my name. Decided that was dumb because how people got when that site was up, so I changed it. When's the wedding? July 7th 2012 Why don't you post?I either come in late or I have nothing to add. I do want to say,<strong> I really hope Saskatchewan doesn't pull an idiot move like last year because I will personally find the moron responsible for it again and kick him in the shin. </strong>We're having a blizzard today...actually it's lightened up a bit but it's windy. It rained this morning so it's completely disgusting out. Mandysmear, I live in northern ontario, we get snow 8 months at least out of the year and we still have people that haven't grasped the concept of winter driving.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

Ha...
    I'm hoping their 13th man at last year's Grey Cup and the half a million 13th man calls they got the first half of this season got it out of their system.

I also hope we can return a punt.  That seems to be a huge downfall for us.

Oh well.  I guess all their silly mistakes are working for them, they made it to the Cup again!
  • I still can't believe they did that. They had the win.

Mandysmear - I live on Lake Superior. I don't really want to name the city but that narrows it down quite a bit lol. I was going to send you a message but it sent me to chinese weddings.. I used to live a little further north and the winters were way worse than they are here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c939c95b-c954-4cb3-8e1e-5e5ed7d4d6cfPost:0b1479f4-a075-4f24-9447-0abfd79c45c5">Re: Yo Lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live on Lake Superior.

Does it begin with a T and end in Bay? I promise I won't comes stalk you. Honest.
  • Hah yeah. You could try and stalk me if you REALLY want but I have a pretty lame life especially next term since I thought 7 courses was a smart idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c939c95b-c954-4cb3-8e1e-5e5ed7d4d6cfPost:8030260b-6785-4e35-81c0-c9b76d1202a1">Yo Lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm taking a page out of Fishy's book.  There's gotta be some out there.  It's quiet today.  A perfect day to come out and play.  We can make a snowman if you want. How long you been lurking?I was lurking around the time of MrsE...when she went crazy I disapeared for a long time When's the wedding? June 25 Why don't you post? By the time I get here I don't really have anything to add.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c939c95b-c954-4cb3-8e1e-5e5ed7d4d6cfPost:0b1479f4-a075-4f24-9447-0abfd79c45c5">Re: Yo Lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I still can't believe they did that. They had the win</strong>. Mandysmear - I live on Lake Superior. I don't really want to name the city but that narrows it down quite a bit lol. I was going to send you a message but it sent me to chinese weddings.. I used to live a little further north and the winters were way worse than they are here.

Ugh..I was there. It was such a strange feeling when Montreal missed the field goal, we are all jumping and screaming like crazy and all of a sudden we notice this massive, giant size, stupid, scary flag on the field.
  • I think I would have cried if I was there. I get way into sports. I was angry for hours after that just watching it on TV and I'm not even a huge football fan.

My cousin from Sask posted on FB "Not even God can stop us now!" and two seconds later that happened. I'm not religious but I blame him.
  • Yeah if T-Bay's winters are even remotely close to Dryden's, I don't wanna be you.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards