Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridesmaid Dresses

I don't want to make my bridesmaid pay more than $100 for their dresses. Anyone know any retailers that sell dresses this cheap? Besides David's Bridal (they don't even have many that cheap anymore!).

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    Check department stores. My girls got their dresses at Macy's for about $60.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Well you can save, if you find a line that Pearlsplace.com carries.  They sell for a lot less and you do save from a real store, not Chinese, and get some excellent prices.
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    DB has plenty of $99...and a number are on sale for far less than that!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Check http://www.inweddingdress.com/discount-bridesmaid-dresses.html i bought mine from them, worht the price  some for sale just $39
  • Options
    I feel the same way. I'm well-known for being "frugal" to put it politely, and I would in no way feel comfortable asking my closest friends to pay $100+ for a dress that I knew I wouldn't want to pay for (not that what I chose is ugly, it's just the idea of spending the money, even though I happily paid more for dresses for their weddings).

It took a lot of shopping around, but going the non-traditional BM dress route is the way to go. Just like everything else in the bridal industry, once it has the word "wedding" associated with it, prices go up dramatically. I ended up finding a steal of a dress from Ann Taylor online. It is technically from their BM line, but the idea is not quite as traditional as a standard boutique or salon. Both AT and Jcrew have dresses online for less than $100. The dress my girls are wearing was originally $255, and they all paid $90.

I highly support these vendors, or finding a style that they can choose from (like a color and fabric from a certain store) and letting them go wild on ebay. I bought a dress with tags on it from Jcrew for $55, and it was the perfect fit for a wedding I was in last year. Department stores are another great choice, especially since you can see them in person without pushy sales people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards