Military Brides

My wedding "disaster"

So it's official, I'm a Navy Wife.  DH (wow) bought me my "I love my Sailor" car magnate today.

Now for my "disaster" which was really funny.  We were married in the base chapel and DH wore his cracker jacks.  We had gone outside for some pics and when we reentered the chapel someone pointed out some dirt on the floor and directed me around it so the dress wouldn't get dirty.  Then someone pointed out the dirt was on DH's shoe.  He reached down and pulled off his heel.  He'd had the same dress uniform shoes for 12 years and they had dry rotted.  Lucky for us there is an NEX on the other side of the parking lot from the chapel so DH ran in on our way to the reception to buy a new pair (after I convinced him to do it).  Everyone let him jump line and the clerk told him the average life of those shoes is one year.  So the moral of the story is that if your FI is planning to wear his uniform you may want him to check out his shoes to make sure they are intact.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My wedding "disaster"

• melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First and foremost... Congrats on the wedding!!!
    Second... the "disaster" literally made me laugh out loud. And if that's the worst thing that happened at your wedding, I think it must have gone great! :)
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It did go great.  We had a wonderful time and so did everyone else.  The chaplain said it was the smoothest wedding he'd ever seen.  Sometime Friday I adopted an "I don't care" attitude about a lot of stuff.  DH pulled in to port less than 2 weeks before the wedding so I just went with the theory that as long as he and I were both there the rest was icing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the wedding and marriage mystic!  I agree, if thats all that went wrong it sounded like a great day.  OUr "disaster" was that H caught the corner of table at his grandmas house and ripped his pants.  But luckily the tux place was around the corner and they had a pair ready for him 10 minutes later. 

Welcome to the military married life!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the wedding!
    This was hilarious. So he pulled of the whole heel?
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats again! That will be a funny story to tell the grandkids :)
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!! Your "disaster' is so funny!  I'm sure you had a great day! :)
  • BabyDoll0525BabyDoll0525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off I want to say congratulations on your wedding. The disaster made me laugh but my fiancée went through something similar this past weekend. It was not our wedding. He is in the guard and went to drill they were told to bring their dress uniforms for a check because we have a formal dinner next month. He was getting changed and put his shoes on his toes pushed through the front of the shoe. Dry rot SUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! That is too funny!! I'll definatly make sure the FI checks his shoes out, and if need be buys new ones!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Just got back from the honeymoon.

Yes, the whole heel came off.

It was the perfect thing to go wrong because it was funny right away.  So many wedding disasters are horrible the day of and don't become funny for a few months/years.  I was laughing in the car and telling everyone about it when we got to the reception. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards