New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Need help finding a reception venue!!!

I'm on a really small budget...would like ideas for a reception venue! Wedding isn't until October.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need help finding a reception venue!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What county are you looking in?
    For Orange I would suggest Anthony's Pier Nine and for Dutchess I would recommend the Poughkeepsie Grand.  IMO, both have great packages for the best prices.

October books rediculously fast in the Hudson Valley so you may need to be flexible on your date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    depends what area you are looking in. the two pp mentioned are great.

There is also Villa Borghese (Duchess), Patriot Hills (Rockland), Inn at Central Valley (Woodbury) and Round Hill House (Washingtonville)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on what you mean by a really small budget.. But we are having our wedding at Arbor Ridge in Hopewell Jct, which sometimes does a whole package special ($95pp including DJ/Photog)  We also looked at Villa Borghese, Poughkeepsie Grand, both of which were nice as well.
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Links also has great prices...and I see there are new packages that are lower than what I paid...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    colonial terrace in ocrtlandt manor is well worth the visit.  great value for your money.  a must call
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VIP Country Club will work with any budget! Our wedding planner is working with our budget and makes a unique payment plan if you need him too. But VIP is in New Rochelle so if you are up in northern NY it won't work.

Arbor Ridge up in Hopewell Junction gave us a great quote which included flowers! (Huge portion of your budget)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    weddnoviceweddnovice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a suggestion but if you're on a budget, maybe you should move your date to November.  In the Hudson Valley October is one of the most desirable months for a wedding (because of the fall foiliage).

If you went to "off peak" time for you would probably get better rates.  Venues are less likely to come down or negotiate prices because October dates are in such high demand.

Best of Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked the first saturday in Nov because it was 20% cheaper per person then a saturday in Oct. All the other ladies gave good rec's. where exactly in the HV are you looking?
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    same - my wedding was 11/6 (first friday in nov) and it was tons cheaper than an oct wedding and weather/folliage was comparable.
  • Options
    rmk6783rmk6783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Christos in Poughkeepsie. One of the best things about it is they only do 1 wedding per day, so you are the center of their attention and you won't be rushed out to make room for other parties. You can do it for about $95/person during the peak wedding season - and that includes center pieces, open bar, a great menu (with tons of food for the cocktail hour), the wedding cake (by the pastry garden) and he said we could have the ceremony there too for no extra cost. They have a 100 person minimum though so if you're trying to keep it really small, it might not be the best place. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll find a place you love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards