Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How much food late night?

we are doing sliders and poutine for late night. We'll be having 60 guests. My caterer said in her experience there isn't rhyme or reason behind how much food to order for late night. She suggested order for half the guests or less. We are ordering food for 20 guests. What do you think? Too little or too much? My MIL will also be putting out cookies.

Re: How much food late night?

• edited December 2011
    That doesn't sound like enough.  I'd rather have too much than not enough.... but I over ordered for mine.  I think we got enough late-night food for 80% or 90% of our guests. 

You know your crowd best - How many will be staying that late?  How many can't say "no" to a burger?  Will they have been drinking and dancing to work up an appetite,  or sitting and chatting? 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. I think you need more food because it's so much better to have some left than to have people who didn't get any. If there is drinking people tend to want to eat again.
  • edited December 2011
    I could see a hungry drunk guy eating like 5 sliders and a ton of poutine, so you should probably order more than the actual number of people who you think will still be there late night. 
  • edited December 2011
    What is poutine?
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think our venue suggested having enough food for 1/3 of your guests. But since you're having a smaller wedding, maybe more people would be inclined to stay later?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_much-food-late-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:cc61542d-42e8-47ea-b3dc-e3a2cb6b32f4Post:0e68e2c1-477d-4d7d-a98b-9bc57e84677f">Re: How much food late night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is poutine?
    Posted by teachersinlove[/QUOTE]

<div>French fries with cheese and gravy on it. </div>
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies. this helps a lot. teachersinlove... you have to try poutine! very popular up here in canada. it's the best thing ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards