Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Harrisburg Area Reception Sites

Hey all.  I have been trying to find a reception site for my Dec. wedding.  I am on a tight budget with a large guest list.  I need a place that will hold at least 300 ppl, for not more than $1000.  I am willing to travel 30 minutes outside of the Harrisburg area.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Harrisburg Area Reception Sites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes! Have you crossed any venues off your list yet?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I have only received information back from 1 venue that is big enough.  All other venues have not replied - mainly Fire hall venues.  I have my own caterer which is my biggest issue with finding a place big enough.  They all want me to use certain catering companies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Silver Springs Banquet Hall in Mechanicsburg? It looks big enough to fit your guest list and I believe falls under $1000. And in my opinion nicer than most fire halls.
    http://www.silverspringfire.com/banquet/index.asp
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Scottish Rite building sounds like it'd be a good match for you.  They have a huge ballroom but not sure how much it'd cost.  You can also bring your own caterer to which I would HIGHLY recommend checking out the uncommon caterers based out of harrisburg.  I have an information packet that I could scan to you via email if interested or you can catch her on facebook.  You may want to also check out AACA museum in Hershey, especially watch the Pennlive Click.Bid.Buy Auctions that they run periodically to save on AACA venue.  I believe you can bring your own caterer there as well.  Hope this helps!  Good Luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just throwing this out there without proper info, but there is an art gallery in Mechanicsburg that is called 2nd floor gallery. http://www.2ndfloorgallery.com/ It is a pretty art gallery that is located in what used to be used as a church. They might be willing to rent it out for an event. It is a beautiful space!

Also, does your caterer have any suggestions?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I have actually gone and looked at the Silver Spring Banquet Facility.  It is very nice - just a little worried about the size.  The Scottish Rite Building would be great except you can have absolutely NO alcohol there and we are having alcohol.  I am going to ask about the other places.  Really, I am no longer worrying about the price, it's finding a building big enough that allows me to bring my own food.  We have such large families!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards