Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

shower / wedding thank yous

My bridal shower was two weeks before my wedding.  Obviously, I didn't have time to send out shower thank yous before the wedding (not my decision).  My sister suggested that I send a wedding thank you and put in a note thanking for the shower gift all in one. is this rude or acceptable?  Do I do the shower thank yous now and send the wedding thank yous in about another month?  Please help!  Any advice would be helpful. (My wedding was April 2nd so I definitely need to get something out soon!)

Re: shower / wedding thank yous

• They were 2 seperate events. I think from an etiquette standpoint, you need to send 2 different TY's. I guess I don't understand why you weren't able to write the shower TY notes before the wedding. They really don't take that long to do especially if you only had 1 or 2 showers.
  • I had one shower and there were over 70 people there.  We had to have everything we needed to the ceremony/reception place the week before the wedding and not at the rehearsal dinner. Things were a bit chaotic and didn't have any days off from work.   I also wanted to take the time to say what I wanted and not rush through writing them.  I'm definitely sending two thank yous.  Thanks for your input on etiquette.
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    I do understand you may not have had time to do all of them yet (they don't take as long as you think, mine took less than two weeks, but I didn't do them the two weeks before my wedding) -- but you do need to send two. Not just to acknowledge both gifts, but to say thanks specifically for each time they showed up to celebrate you!
  • Send out shower thank yous immediately.  Then, start working on wedding thank yous and get them out as soon as you're finished with them.  That will stagger them enough so they're not receiving two thank yous at the exact same time.
  • I remember reading an etiquette guide that said it was acceptable to write one thank you note as long as you clearly mention each gift. I think people understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards