Michigan-Grand Rapids

Engagement Photo Locations

Hi all,
My fiance and I are having our engagement photos next week, and I don't know which locations around the Grand Rapids area we should have them taken at (up to 2). Our photographer is from out of town, so he is very open to suggestions. I have lived here my whole life, but I am not sure how this part works. I like rustic/field looking locations, but I don't know where to go exactly. I would like it to be a little different than the same downtown locations that I (and everyone I know) had their senior photos taken. Any suggestions???

Re: Engagement Photo Locations

• I would suggest googling local photographers and seeing where they've taken pictures that you like.
  • Is there a place that is significant to you and your fiance? Thats could be a start. Otherwise, since you like the field pictures you could always ask a local farmer if you can use their land to take some pictures.

We had our e-pictures taken at fallasburg park out in Lowell. Its a beautiful park. There is a covered bridge, field areas, and more.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We took our engagement pictures at Riverside Park on Monroe on the NE side. Lots of variety - large grass areas, trees, river, playground, bridge, etc.

Across the street at the Veteran's Home is a GORGEOUS area with gazebos and bridges. We took our wedding pics there (although technically you arent supposed to).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_engagement-photo-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:181d8e02-1bc6-40d2-8f51-eec904a87f9fPost:aee29423-1e76-4c96-ab1a-458d2ef672b4">Re: Engagement Photo Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We took our engagement pictures at Riverside Park on Monroe on the NE side. Lots of variety - large grass areas, trees, river, playground, bridge, etc. Across the street at the Veteran's Home is a GORGEOUS area with gazebos and bridges. We took our wedding pics there (although technically you arent supposed to).
    Posted by KMLara[/QUOTE]

There is Aquinas College, ponds, fountains, the wooded trails, older buildings, etc.  We had our wedding pictures there and they turned out beautiful
  • The seminary pond at Calvin College is a beautiful location.

n Response to <a href="http://sports.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_engagement-photo-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:181d8e02-1bc6-40d2-8f51-eec904a87f9fPost:7c63e419-81e7-46ff-8089-a2711161d1b6">Engagement Photo Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, My fiance and I are having our engagement photos next week, and I don't know which locations around the Grand Rapids area we should have them taken at (up to 2). Our photographer is from out of town, so he is very open to suggestions. I have lived here my whole life, but I am not sure how this part works. I like rustic/field looking locations, but I don't know where to go exactly. I would like it to be a little different than the same downtown locations that I (and everyone I know) had their senior photos taken. Any suggestions???
    Posted by MandyN07[/QUOTE]
  • Riverside Park is a great location! Also there are is a really well known blue bridge between Pearl and Front stree which is a really fun location as well. Its urban looking but still has the water and city background.

• Fallsburg Park in Lowell is great and also the covered bridge in Ada.  Google both for exact locations. My BIL is a photographer who has done a lot of outdoor shoots at both of those locations.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_engagement-photo-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:181d8e02-1bc6-40d2-8f51-eec904a87f9fPost:7c63e419-81e7-46ff-8089-a2711161d1b6">Engagement Photo Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, My fiance and I are having our engagement photos next week, and I don't know which locations around the Grand Rapids area we should have them taken at (up to 2). Our photographer is from out of town, so he is very open to suggestions. I have lived here my whole life, but I am not sure how this part works. I like rustic/field looking locations, but I don't know where to go exactly. I would like it to be a little different than the same downtown locations that I (and everyone I know) had their senior photos taken. Any suggestions???
    Posted by MandyN07[/QUOTE]

<div>You should go over by the new Davenport Colledge on Kraft .Across the street is a place that has a water fall and a small out door pavillion . you may need to get permission from the people who are at the place.google parks too,and think out side the box, with fall around the corner,going to a pumpkin patch could be fun.</div>
  • If you like fields and country, just go out by Walker northwest of Alpine.  Maybe do an apple orchard shoot (check with local farmers).  Otherwise for a big open field, you might want to just try a park that has lots of open space, but beware of background distractions like parking lots/cars, and other people who will get in your photos.
  • any of the local parks would be fine.  but ask your photographer, they know best.  also, what kind of look are you looking for?  you can probably stop by a local theater and get some nice spots too ... or if you're looking for something more urban, some dead end streets downtown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards