New Jersey - South
Options

Alfred Angelo Cherry Hill

Hello! I am getting married in September of 2013 And i saw a dress at Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill that I love. It is going to need a good amoubt of alterations so i wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on their alterations department. Thanks!

Re: Alfred Angelo Cherry Hill

• Options
    In general, you will pay double for any alterations done at the same place you buy your dress.  Is there a seamstress you have used in the past for a BM dress?  I would look there first. 
  • Options
    I haven't used any seamstresses before. Do they usually guarantee their work like they will pay to fix it isn't right?. Since the dress needs a bunch of alterations extra length added, straps tightened, made form fitted I think I want to use the store because they are common alterations to this dress but I'm not sold on that.
  • Options
    The different times I've used outside seamstresses, they always guarantee their work.  They want you to be a walking advertisement for their work.  So they will do it right.  I've used Attenzione by Ceil in Haddonfield before for BM dresses and she did my SIL's wedding dress.  I also used a private seamstress named Marion in Haddon Heights.  Marion is who I still go to and she is great.  She works out of her home.

For my wedding dress, I did use the seamstress at the Macy's bridal salon, where I bought it.  And I do regret it.  It cost $450 for a hem, bustle, taking in around the bustline, and straps.  I had to go back 2 extra times to fix the bustline and it still wasn't perfect, I just "had to deal" with it.  They also left the straps out of the bag and I did have to go to the Macy's to pick up the straps on the day of my wedding.  They acted like it was no big deal. 
  • Options
    Hey Rach!! Are you on the September 2013 board?
  • Options
    The outside seamstress is definitely something to consider. Alfred Angelo quoted me 300 to 500 for alterations which seemed typical for wedding alterations to me. I just want to make sure their work is good if i commit to that price. I'm a browser but I'll stop by the September 2013 board to say hi!
  • Options
    Haven't bought my dress yet but I went and tried on my dress there and it is really an awesome place. The people are wonderful, dresses are incredible. They can alter up to two sizes different than your original size and its included. I would assume any other normal alterations are included as well. I definitely recommend them to everyone. 
  • Options
    I bought my dress there and am doing my alterations there.  The total cost for everything was $159.00.  I was really pleased with the price and the work.  I didn't want to go looking around for someone who I also didn't know and everyone in the store was so wonderful to me and my family that I had the most trust just to have alterations done there as well.  I'm glad I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards