New Jersey - South

*One Atlantic Vendor Fee's - Please help!!*

Can anyone tell me how much One Atlantic charges for vendors who aren't on their preferred vendor list?

We have our hearts set on Hoffer Photography.  But without knowing how much extra we’ll have to pay to have them there has us hesitant to see the venue.  I have found reviews online of other brides who’ve said the fee won’t be disclosed until the contract is signed.

Help!!  

Re: *One Atlantic Vendor Fee's - Please help!!*

• Usually a preferred vendor list is just a suggestion to use these vendors as they are familiar with the venue and their is a mutual advertising agreement.  Maybe the photographer they prefer also did the promotional shots on the website for free.  I don't think they would charge you extra to use an outside vendor.
  • ashtiernanashtiernan member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_one-atlantic-vendor-fees-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:ba40430b-4f5b-45cd-80b3-998e699edcc7Post:0c88e6e4-eaf0-4e02-bb27-94dbb3714c6d">Re: *One Atlantic Vendor Fee's - Please help!!*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Usually a preferred vendor list is just a suggestion to use these vendors as they are familiar with the venue and their is a mutual advertising agreement.  Maybe the photographer they prefer also did the promotional shots on the website for free.  I don't think they would charge you extra to use an outside vendor.
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

I've read that it's something to do with being on the pier.  The vendors need to have a certain type of insurance requirement.
  • I read somewhere that its about $500 to set up a vendor who is not on OA's partner list.  I also think that OA makes them carry a lot of insurance, so your photog may increase their price to pass this cost through to you.  I'm not positive though. 

Are you definitely having your wedding there?  I'm going to see the venue in a few weeks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_one-atlantic-vendor-fees-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:ba40430b-4f5b-45cd-80b3-998e699edcc7Post:36b7c495-0ea8-4fa1-97ae-6d211032ea90">Re: *One Atlantic Vendor Fee's - Please help!!*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read somewhere that its about $500 to set up a vendor who is not on OA's partner list.  I also think that OA makes them carry a lot of insurance, so your photog may increase their price to pass this cost through to you.  I'm not positive though.  Are you definitely having your wedding there?  I'm going to see the venue in a few weeks!
    Posted by flojo973[/QUOTE]

We have yet see this venue in person but my FI is a big gambler and loves Atlantic City so when I showed him pictures of OA he wanted to look no further. 
    I have to contact Elizabeth again to set up a tour of the venue.  I just know I'm going to fall in love with it and I'd hate to not have the photographer I want.

**So if anyone has anymore information on this, please, please, please share.

I read one blog where a bride was not happy with the selection of the vendor list so it has me worried.
  • My florist said they charge vendors on the non preferred list 20% and they need to carry a very big liability insurance plan of their own.  She won't even take weddings there anymore because the fees are so outrageous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_one-atlantic-vendor-fees-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:ba40430b-4f5b-45cd-80b3-998e699edcc7Post:2f13c84d-1d74-440a-8d68-8736600e4136">Re: *One Atlantic Vendor Fee's - Please help!!*</a>:
    [QUOTE]My florist said they charge vendors on the non preferred list 20% and they need to carry a very big liability insurance plan of their own.  She won't even take weddings there anymore because the fees are so outrageous.
    Posted by Jaqcap17[/QUOTE]

Sorry meant to say 20% of the price your vendor is charging you.
  • wow, the shopping pier is a wedding venue too?   i had no clue.   i personally love the pier but can't picture where the setup would be but best of luck and congratulations to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards