Kentucky

Lexington Reception Venues

We are looking for a reception venue for our summer wedding.  I want somewhere that will make gorgeous pictures and be classy/elegant.  We will probably have around 150 (+/-) on our guest list so I also want it to be very comfortable! Price is also an option, I don't want to pay for something that's not worth the money!  If you have any ideas or experiences please let me know!!

Re: Lexington Reception Venues

• edited December 2011
    I have seen some really beautiful wedding receptions at Keeneland, Fasig Tipton, and Talon Winery.  Those places are a little pricy but I think they are really classy locations.  The Marriott Griffin Gate has a ballroom that I have seen look amazing decorated.  I know the Crown Plaza/Campbell House has been recommended several times on here as well as a couple of the other local wineries.  Buffalo Trace in Frankfort has beautiful grounds I have seen a lot of gorgeous photos from there.  These are just a couple places I can think of off the top my head. 
  • ebrasieebrasie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    crown plaza is where we are having ours next month and they ahve great indoor and outdoor space
  • edited December 2011
    I have really lookied into the crowne plaza, giffin gate and embassy suites.. Never heard of Fasig Tipton though!? ... Oh, and let me know how your reception at crowne plaza goes.. good luck with everything!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    It is a Thoroughbred Sales facility.  You can check them out here.
  • haleegriggshaleegriggs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is going to be at Fasig-Tipton and I don't think it's overly pricey.  For a Saturday night reception the food & drink minimum is $5,500 and that is very reasonable compared to others I have seen.  Debbie is wonderful to work with and they do a lot for you for the price. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_lexington-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:f98fb513-3fb3-42d5-a8db-58ee71785540Post:10a65f7d-bbec-4eef-afd5-9e0bfbee8643">Re: Lexington Reception Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our reception is going to be at Fasig-Tipton and I don't think it's overly pricey.  For a Saturday night reception the food & drink minimum is $5,500 and that is very reasonable compared to others I have seen.  Debbie is wonderful to work with and they do a lot for you for the price. 
    Posted by haleegriggs[/QUOTE]

That's not too bad, I was under the impression it was much more (8-10K) but that was a quote for a recpetion with 300 guest.  It's a beautiful place!  When is your date? 
  • jzilljzill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Chrisman Mill Winery in NIcholasville and it was lovely!  They have a really nice patio and tent for the reception and in summer all of the rose bushes and grape vines are full.  Plus, the staff there is really accomodating and great to work with.  And the food was delicious!
  • haleegriggshaleegriggs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    October 29 :)  Of course, that is the food & drink minimum - the actual cost will depend on how many guests you have.  We are inviting 250 and I am expecting 200.  The food & drink minimum for a Saturday is $5,500 - plus, $200 for the dance floor.  There is also a 20% service charge so that will depend on how much your food & drink is.  There are lots of affordable dinner options - several plated choices or you can do a 10-item heavy hors d'oeuvres buffet for around $21 a person - of course there are more expensive choices as well.  And, they do a LOT for you for the money - basically at the end of the night you will just walk out of the place. 

On top of its affordability it is a beautiful venue, and Debbie is wonderful to work with.  I know several ladies who have had their wedding receptions there or attended receptions there and I have not heard a bad word about the place.  I highly encourage you to call her and take a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards