Wisconsin

Need Officiant

I am getting married next October at the Heidel House Resort in Green Lake, WI. My FI and I are looking to have a non-religious ceremony, but still incorporate readings, songs, and the traditional procession, etc. Anyone have recommendations for officiants for this type of wedding?

Re: Need Officiant

• saranash6901saranash6901 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to keep my eye on this post because we are getting marrtied in June at the Heidel House. They gave me a preferred vendor list and I have chosen Dan Gibson...but.....I'm still open to other ideas. Don't get me wrong, he is VERY nice but VERY traditional. Did you get that list? Otherwise I can send you the names that are on it, but it doesn't have any info about the officiants. I'm with you, I would like a ceremony that is non-denominational but still incorporates some trational aspects. And sice I don't know anyone around there, I'm kind of at a loss as to where to turn...
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have used these websites to try to find someone:

www.onewed.com
    www.gatheringguide.com

While I haven't decided on someone yet, many of the people I found on these websites perform non-denominational ceremonies. Just google green lake officiants and you should be able to find quite a few people. Many officiants have a website that explains exactly what type of ceremonies they'll perform, etc.

image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    saranash6901 -- how much is Dan Gibson charging you? I found a few in the Madison area that are willing to travel, but would be $400+.
  • dpettackdpettack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at the HH in Sept. 2011 - you can utilize Mike Lehner as an officiant - he is an attorney, a very nice guy - google Lehner Law Office, Princeton, Wisconsin.  

Have you had any luck on the room contract - I have had no luck with a one night option at HH.
  • dpettackdpettack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I am from Green Lake originally, so feel free to reach out with any other questions.  I HIGHLY recommend Sugar Lips for Floral - the owner is the coolest woman I know!  You will not be disappointed there!  

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dan is charging a good bit less than that.

to dpettack-I had NO luck with the room contract! I kept reading all these articles that say in this economy, you should definitely be able to bargain with vendors. I tried probably 3-4 times to get a little leeway on the 2 night minimum and they absolutely would not budge. I guess I can see where they're coming from , but it is tough. I'm just hoping that ppl will stay the two nights and make a weekend of it. Hoping for the best and planning for the worst!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dan charges around $250 but he's flexible. He also requires that you meet with him 4 times before the ceremony. But if you meet at a restaurant or coffee house, he pays the bll every time...so there is that. He is a very nice and outgoing guy, but like I said he's got very traditional views....
  • MissBNicoleMissBNicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee and I are having a friend perform our ceremony & we're just paying whatever it costs him to be ordained.
  • edited December 2011
    Okay...I'll look into both of those recommendations.

As for the room contract - we are October 2011 and managed to get 20 rooms at 1 night only but are required to fill them 100% or we pay for the rooms that are unfilled. It took about a week to hear back from Star, and then another week dealing with Kathy (Group Sales) as she worked with the General Manager to get approval. Pretty lame, but we were happy with that. I was really frustrated because I talked with a girl who got married there this past August and had unlimited 1 night rooms. They must have really gotten tough with their policies.

I did look into some of the hotels in Ripon and there are 2 that are within 7-8 miles of the HH. (AmericInn and Comfort Suites), and both people I talked to there offer a wedding room block. They don't have shuttles or anything, but you could always hire someone to do some shuttling in a van or something.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiancee and I are getting married at the Medina Wedding Chapel in June. They actually found the officiant for us, who happened to be a current pastor at the church I grew up in. He is just a part time pastor there so he must do weddings on the side. His name is Pastor Martin Ruge and his phone number is 722-2999. From what Medina told us, his fee is $100. The church he is a pastor at is in Oshkosh, so I am sure he would have no problem driving to Green Lake.
    imagePhotobucket image
    [IMG]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/katyj25/Uni8.jpg[/IMG]
    *TTC since 10/09. Last Depo 7/09
    *Me-31 DH-32
    *HSG and all bloodwork 11/11 all clear
    *50 mg Clomid/trigger/IUI #1 2/18/12, 1 scrambled egg @ 28mm, DH 111 mil. post wash! = BFFN :(
    *The wait is finally over! My husband is home! Deployments suck!
    *7-8/12 - surprise BFP! Beta came in at 2, confirmed CP.
    *8-9/12 - 50 mg Clomid/trigger/TI/prog., 1 follie @ 22mm = BFN
    *9/12 - Femara/estradoil/TI = cycle cancelled, poor response
    *10/12 - Femara/Follistim/Trigger/IUI #2 = Triggered, but cancelled IUI and changed to TI due to poor response = BFN
    *12/12 - cancelled and on BCP due to 2 large cysts found
    *1/13 - Follistim/Ovidrel/Progesterone/IUI #2 = BFP!!! EDD 10/16/13
    Beta #1 - 18, progesterone 37.5, Beta #2 - 29, Beta #3 - 27
    FU IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *2/13 Switched REs and IUI #3 is pending for March.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog: When things go wrong
  • hosannachosannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at HH in Sept. 2011. They said they would be flexible with the 2-night. minnimum in October, but September is considered "high season." Maybe there will be more luck closer to the date. Also having the same officiant dilema...

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with DJs and cake vendors in the area?  
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our officiant -- met with a guy named Arthur Hendrick last night, with Sky's The Limit Weddings. We are happy with him and it sounds like it'll be what we're looking for with the traditional ceremony but non-religious, and something other than a Justice of the Peace.

We also booked Jukebox Bandstand DJs after hearing good recommendations from friends. They are $1300 for 7 hours at the H.H. Haven't looked for cakes yet, but I will most likely go with Craig's Cake out of Verona, WI based on friend recommendations. I talked with the baker and they'll deliver to H.H. but I don't have any price quotes yet.

Finally got our rooms contract revised to our liking - 10 rooms @ 2 nights, 20 rooms @ 1 night. I have a feeling we'll need more, but it's a good place to start at least.
  • starr6657starr6657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can anyone give me some names of officiants who can perform my daughters wedding ceremony at the Covered Bridge Park in WildRose WI?  She wants a ceremony that is not the typical religious ceremoney but yet we still want some of the traditional elements included like a reading or 2 and the prayers of the Lord upon them and their future.  My daughter is a confirmed Lutheran and the groom is not confirmed.  I would appreciate anyone who could help me out in finding an officiant.  Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards