Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Did you DIY your photobooth?

If you did, how did it turn out? Anything you wish you'd done differently? Worth the hassle? We're trying to trim up the budget some, but this is on the "important" list for both of us, so I thought DIY would be a compromise to cutting it.

Re: Did you DIY your photobooth?

• We did, with help of MIL and her laptop and a webcam, she bought a camping picnic table tent, and sewed patterned panels to cover the sides, and then downloaded this software for like $60.00, it worked perfect! the pictures are priceless!
  • I was going to DIY, but the cost was adding up pretty quickly. I knew I would have to hire someone to keep an eye on it, since I didn't want a friend or family member have to babysit the booth all night.

I bought a printer, a couple of ink cartridges, a nice photo booth seat, curtains, photo paper, webcam, made signs, ect. (Had not yet purchased the software...)

When it came closer to my date, I just decided to hire a company. I emailed every photo booth company in the area. I asked if they would be willing to do a custom package with me since I only wanted one for 3 hours. I was able to get a photo booth, with 2 assistants, all the pictures we wanted for 3 hours, a photo album, cd copy of all the pics taken, hard copies of each photo booth picture taken, and a dvd slideshow of all the pictures taken for about $500.00 plus tax (about $250 more than DIY total.)

Since I did a ton of other DIY, I am so happy I made the decision to hire a professional. It just gave me the time I needed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards