Virginia

Where did you find look at Dresses in Northern Virginia?

Ladies I am having a hard time finding dress shops that I like online in the Northern VA/DC/MD area.  Some the shops sound a little sketchy and I was curious where you went and what you thought of your dress shopping experience?

Thanks!

Re: Where did you find look at Dresses in Northern Virginia?

• rmichalakrmichalak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally went to DB in Woodbridge, which I liked. I know friends that went to Catherine's in Alexandria and one that I cannot remember of the name of, sorry, in Manassas. There is 1 (I think it's called Anne's) in Fairfax that was rude, so I would not recommend her.
    Good luck!
    Rebecca & Matt...June 26, 2010 My Bio
  • SSM&JLMSSM&JLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a BM I've had a very bad experience with The Bridal Closet in Vienna.  Let's just say they switched some numbers over the phone and when my dress came in, it was about 5 sizes too big.  It's been quite the experience trying to get this all straightened out.

I bought my wedding dress in Annapolis, MD where my parents live at a small shop called Lex Bridal.  PIB of the dress.  Great service and they worked with my schedule since I got married and live in the Williamsburg area.
  • Kimness17Kimness17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My coworker and I found our dresses at Moni's Bridal Boutique in Manassas, VA. I searched all over Northern Virginia and was happy to find "the one" here.
  • edited December 2011
    I also find my dress at Moni's in Manassas.  Small store with a small selection, but they have beautiful dresses.  And since it's a small store with only a few people working, they are to give you better service, in my opinion.  They remember you and get to know you on a first name basis. 
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I liked Blush in Gainsville and I like Bridal Image in Rockville, MD. Jeanie at Bridal Images rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    I did my bridal dress shopping in another part of VA but I have ordered my bridesmaid dresses and my mother of the bride dress from Leesburg Bridal. You don't exactly get waited on hand and foot but the women who work there are VERY good at knowing what will look good on you. They also seem to have a pretty big selection of dresses. I don't know what kind of price range you are working in or what kind of experience you are after but I would say that if you have a low to mid range price range this place is worth checking out. I really have been impressed at how the two women who work there are able to look at you, and then run to the back and grab the perfect dress. If you do decide to make the trek up to Leesburg I would strongly suggest making a weekday appointment so that you get complete attention.

Good luck with dress shopping! I found it to be one of the most fun things so far.
  • edited December 2011
    i've been to:
    tlc bridal in frederick - awesome experience
    i do i do - depends on which sales consultant you work with but they have a ton of dresses
    bobbie's bridal - also good selection of dresses
    rosalin's bridal - tiny tiny store but a lot of dresses
    it's all about the dress - wouldn't really recommend
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards