Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

seating of the mothers song? no? need some advice...

So I'm trying to figure out music (so i can have it ordered and to my musicians) and I can't decide do i need to have a song for seating of the grandparents, then seating of the mothers, then a song for bridesmaids, song for me, song for unity candle? so much music

or should i try and group grandparents/mothers together? what is everyone else doing?
also any ideas for mothers/grandparents songs?

thank you!

Re: seating of the mothers song? no? need some advice...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you! i kind of agree! because of the songs i want they are all different and i thought it'd look ridiculous as well :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a song for the Mother's entrance, BM's entrance and the bridal processional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister was reminded by the priest who married her, "It's a wedding; not a concert."  Sounds like good advice to me.  In a secular wedding, the music should set the mood but the guests shouldn't have to listen to an album of songs before the ceremony begins.
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We're doing "Parent's Prayer" by Steven Curtis Chapman for the seating of the grandparents & moms.  My aunt & uncle are singing it, so once the song is over, the ushers will unroll the aisle runner and we'll begin the processional.

During the ceremony, we're doing one song during the Cord of Three Strands and another song during the signing of the Marriage Covenant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood for the seating of the Grandparents/Parents, then a song for the wedding party and a different song for me.  Everyone commented to me how much they LOVED the music I picked!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you! i REALLY like mama's song! i'm currently looking for a slower piano version! thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a GREAT idea! I've been trying to figure out how to use that song on our wedding day. We luckily got to meet up with my mom 2 days after we got engaged and she played that song in the parking lot where we met and we both bawled our eyes out while my FI just watched and laughed at us. Needlesstosay, I would really love to incorporate it and this might be just the way to do it! thank you KatieB for suggesting it and thanks Amber for putting up this post! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both my mother and my groom's mother are devout Christian women who sacrificed. We chose the song,"How Beautiful." by Twila Parris.
  • Options
    Did you ever find a slower piano version of Mama's song? I would love to purchase this somehow for my wedding but would like for it to be a bit slower!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_seating-of-mothers-song-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:0a89d97f-ed39-4f6e-b986-5e1ec4944408Post:9826088d-a624-42e3-8322-813b5792b2f4">Re: seating of the mothers song? no? need some advice...</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you! i REALLY like mama's song! i'm currently looking for a slower piano version! thank you!
    Posted by AmberElizabeth2[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards