Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

DIY... FAIL!

Ergh! Both my DIY Projects I tried tonight have failed! I tried ironing on letters to my Kids Bags for my Cousins and burned through the my cheap mini tote bags. LoL so I'm going to puff/fabric paint them instead.

I attempted to make my JR BMs bracelets but its my first time and after several attempts I realized I have no idea what I am doing so I'm going to call in back up. haha

Please tell me there are other Knotties out there that didn't get it on the 1st try?!?!

I think the best thing to do at this point is leave it for the wknd.

Re: DIY... FAIL!

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, sometimes DIY is The Suck. I've had to try more than once on certain stuff (pew wreaths, cough cough)... and sometimes it's just easier to throw some money at the project and/or farm it out to someone else (bridesmaid earrings). Don't stress - brides have enough pressure without having to live up to being a DIY Wizard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Blarg. My bracelets were an epic fail on like the first 3 tries so you're still doing good :-) just try not to get too frustrated
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am alaos trying to be super careful because I don't want to loose any beads, because I have a very curious eats everthing but her food 10 mo Puppy. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a pretty big DIYer, but I'm going to call my card box a fail.  I was going to make it to look like the top of the Chrysler Building, but I only got halfway through and thought people might mistake it for a church steeple, which is the opposite of what I want.  I'm going to just mosaic it with the same pieces of paper I used so it matches the table number frames and our cake. 

Shan, what are you trying to do for the FG bracelets?  If you're going to the GTG, I could help out.  I've been making jewelry for years and years.
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had many DIY attempts morph into something completely different from the original idea because, well, the original idea sucked. :) You're not alone.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards