Oregon

Bridesmaid Gifts HELP!

Okay HELP! My bridesmaids need gifts and I cannot come up with anything that isn't totally cliche and that I am sure they will hate. They are wearing whatever jewelry they want, I know as a BM I've recieved many a monogram bags, and lotions/lip glosses. So, I am a bit at an impass and need help! I got them all customized necklaces from Etsy as a thank you at the shower....

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts HELP!

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get matching gifts. My bridesmaids were my friends, selected because they held a special place in my life. So I got them gifts as such - you know, gifts like I would get them for any gift giving occasion. One got a VS gift certificate and sily jammies, another got a bunch of OSU stuff since she bleeds orange, a third got a McDs gift cert and a cow statue (cow obsessed, long story) and I cannot remember what I got the 4th because, well, of the 4 she was the one I didn't really "know" - she's my SIL and I couldn't very well have one SIL, with whom I'm extremely close, and leave the other sister out. I wish I could remember what I got her! Anyway, my point is that you know these girls. Get them things you think they would like/enjoy but may not buy for themselves.
  • edited December 2011
    I did the same as Drama.  They each got an individualized gift.  And I paid for the cabin they stayed in the night of the wedding so they didn't have to drive back down the mountain.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Michle315Michle315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only matching part of my gifts were the tins that I made in my wedding colors. Then added goodies like favortie candys, chapstick, body wash and lotion ect. Then added a few gift cards to either their favorite coffee place or food place. They were all very impressed and happy.
  • edited December 2011
    The day before the wedding, they girls got to pick a facial or massage and received a pedicure and manicure. After the rehearsal, I gave pashminas and a coach key chain.

I think you should do something that is meaningful to your BM. Figure out what they like and go from there. Themed gift totes (monogram, name personalization okay, if they like mongramed items) filled with goodies with are always appreciated. Or gift certificates to their favorite restuarant is always a nice gesture.
  • Chelsey85Chelsey85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was a bridesmaid I was given the cutest small jewlery box that had the wedding date and name of the bride and groom on it.  I love it as it will always remind me of their wedding!  She also gave us all a funny book about brides blunders at weddings that was a good laugh!
  • Carabear1985Carabear1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on buying mine the shoes they'll wear in the wedding, an anklet to go with and monogrammed totes (or make-up bags..I haven't quite decided). I know it's pretty cliche, but it's they're style so since they like the same stuff, that's what I'll give them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards