Indiana
Options

amylynn121 ****

I saw on the previous post you had tips for saving money in NWI.....Id love to ehar your ideas!! I live in the Crown Point/Hebron area!

Re: amylynn121 ****

• Options
    amylynn121amylynn121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey
    lets see...well for one thing, finding a venue that will let you bring in your own catering is a big money saver. We are going pretty casual and having ours at the VFW. We are having pizza as the main dish, and its only costing us about $5 per person with drinks and sides. There is a grocery store in Cedar Lake called Doug Komos. They have really cheap catering, and its good quality food. 
    If you don't want to cater in, then you can try having an earlier wedding of a friday or sunday. most places will work with you for those days if you ask. its always worth asking. I know the avalon is willing to. 
    As for decorations-posting on facebook asking people what they have that you can use will probably help. I did that and got an overwhelming number of responses. 
    Ordering flowers from costco or sams club is also another good option. way cheaper then going through a florist, and their flowers are gorgeous. also the stracks in cp will work with you on prices and what you want. 
    Dunhill has a huge sale twice a year. They sell tuxes dirt cheap (like im talking you can get a whole tux for $100, or so i hear). I am not sure when the sale is, but they might be able to tell you if you go in there. 
    I have a lady who does alterations and makes dresses privately. my bridesmaid dresses are $145 a piece, and that includes alterations. They are tea length. We have used her several times and she does a great job-cheaper then alterations in stores

if you want to order your dresses then you can either try to get them online if you have plenty of time (after picking them out at a store and getting sized) or you can go to a store and ask if you get a discounted rate for ordering all of your bridesmaid dresses at once from there. thats what my sister did. 

for ties, check out tj maxx and k & J often. Their ties run about $15. Sears has some good clearance on ties sometimes too. 

For my wedding, we decided that my Fiance and his groomsmen would just buy black suits instead of renting so they owned them for future events. Jcpenney runs great sales on that stuff. 

Finding a small graphic designer in the area can save you on your invitations. or you can try creating them on snapfish. 

For the cake, Our original plan was to get a small two tier cake and then have sheet cakes in the back from sams club (really cheap and delicious). We ended up having a family friend offer to make the cake for us instead though. 

Check out bulk stores like GFS, Sams and Costco for anything you can. 
    Thrift stores are great for decorations. I know Second Life resale shop in CP has a lot of vases and they are constantly getting new stuff in. I got some ribbon there. 

Joanns and Michaels are running coupons in the paper almost every sunday. Ask friends to collect coupons for you and use as many as you can. 

There are a ridiculous amount of local photographers who are fantastic. I found mine through my church. 

Thats all I can think of right now. If you have any questions or need more info on anything just reply. If I think of anything else I will post

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards