Chit Chat

stretch marks!!!! ( vent)

Okay I have stretch marks on my butt. I am not heavy and never have been. I have always been active (danced when i was younger switched to basketball when i was in 7th grade played in college) When i was younger (Im only 24) I was a super skinny stick girl. then one day all of a sudden  i grew a butt out of no wher (no boobs came w/ that butt :( ) anyways I have had stretch marks ever since i grew a butt  around age 13. I really hate them because it makes me feel super self conscious in bathing suits an din general. I know that evryone hates some part of there body i get that. Im just having a hard time because we are doing a beach type HM and i dont want to feel awk in a bathing suit. I cant get boyshorts because unfortunaltey i have really big thighs too and those things jsut cut me in the wrong places and high cut bottoms like the mags and websites suggest do not cover up those strethc marks. SIGH. jsut needed to get that out.

Re: stretch marks!!!! ( vent)

• Have you tried maderma or anything like that?
  • Yeah, I ditto Mederma. But you have to use it for a while and consistently for it to be effective. I have also heard that Vitamin E is good for stretch marks, but haven't actually tried it myself. I think there are also some OTC products that are supossed to help stretch marks. You may trying asking your local pharmacist.
  • My sister was an athlete in highschool and she got stretch marks from all the practices, etc. She used Mustella (they sell it at babiesRus). It pretty much made them go away or at least look like they're nonexistent. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Unfortunately, Mederma isn't proven to work on stretch marks that are old. It can help to lighten new ones more quickly though.

You're likely hood of having stretch marks can be attributed to genetics.

I got stretch marks in high school when I had my growth spurt. While I don't think I'lll wear a bikini on my honeymoon, I've learned not to care. I'm the only one who notices them. If you're confidant in yourself, no one is going to think twice (and probably not even once) about your stretch marks.

90% of women get stretch marks at some point in time, so most of the women on the beach will have them too.

I'll admit, sometimes I wish I didn't have them. But to be honest, I only care what two people think about my looks - myself, and to a lesser extent, my fiance.

Don't let some slight imperfections take away any enjoyment! I've been there and done that and it's not worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards