California-San Diego
Options

Coronado and/or Cruise Ship Wedding suggestions?

Hi, my mom is getting remarried hopefully Thanksgiving week.  I told her that might be too soon to book anything but that I'd look into it.  She loves the idea of Coronado hotel or a dinner cruise ship off the bay from the hotel.  Any suggestions?  Budget isn't really an issue and it's for about 25 guests.  I have visited San Diego several times and been to Coronado hotel a couple of times but my knowledge of the city is pretty limited.  Any companies/vendors you can recommend I'd greatly appreciate it!

Re: Coronado and/or Cruise Ship Wedding suggestions?

• Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hornblower ships do weddings.  I believe they are fairly all-inclusive.  There is info on their website.

There is also the Hotel Del in Coronado, but I believe they have high minimums....

Loews in Coronado is also another hotel.  I think the Glorietta Bay Inn does weddings too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_coronado-andor-cruise-ship-wedding-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:87c6722c-d0a1-4513-8cd5-6bf0ac0925aaPost:f07403f6-0274-4613-ad85-19853631c931">Re: Coronado and/or Cruise Ship Wedding suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Hornblower ships do weddings.  I believe they are fairly all-inclusive.  There is info on their website. There is also the Hotel Del in Coronado, but I believe they have high minimums.... Loews in Coronado is also another hotel.  I think the Glorietta Bay Inn does weddings too. 
    Posted by wendysandiego[/QUOTE]

<div>All of the above :) Being that it is thanksgiving time you are going for, I don't think now would be too soon! </div>
  • Options
    dakotasocr5dakotasocr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call the Coronado Community Center. It is located right on the bay and down the street from the Hotel Del. It is usually booked a year in advance, if not more, but I do know that they had a date or two available right around Thanksgiving. Believe me, it's a great place. They have a grassy area close to the water for the ceremony, then an outdoor patio for a cocktail hour, and then an indoor room for the dinner with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay and bridge!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Jaquelyn Mendoza with San Diego Destination weddings/A Carefree event. She has lots of options for small or large budgets.

acarefreeevent.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If money really isn't an issue - Loews and The Hotel Del Coronado are the best.

For the rehearsal dinner, you should consider Il Fornaio or Vigilucci's.

Don't forget to take in a lunch at Miguel's, play golf for sure, and take a bike ride at the ferry landing!!!

You guys will have a great time!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on the hornblower yacht, docks right behind the marriot! It's beautiful, Kristie the coordinator is fantastic! We're planning the wedding from AZ so she's very accomodating.  It's all inclusive, except for the photographer.  I have a great one if you need suggestions.  Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are from L.A. and honeymooned at the Coronado Hotel... One thing to keep in mind is transportation. If your guests are flying in, you might want to stick with a hotel near the port of San Diego (which is where the cruise ships dock) and as previously was mentioned, Hornblower Cruises does a 4 hour cruise around the harbor where you can have the ceremony and reception.  There are man hotels around this area, from Holiday Inn directly across the street to Marriott just up the block.  Also Seaport Village is close for a day of walking & shopping. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards