North Carolina
Options

Reception Venue - Durham Bulls

Posting this on the NC board also.

We are considering using the Durham Bulls stadium for the reception in October 2011.   Need a large venue to hold 150 people and it has to be Durham address.  Also, wanting a venue that is not the typical Duke Gardens, etc.

Has anyone used the Bulls stadium for a reception/event or attended one?
Thanks

Re: Reception Venue - Durham Bulls

• Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are you having your reception during a game? Do they have games in October? I didn't know the stadium rented out to private parties. I think it's definately interesting. Are you looking to get a private room/box? I don't know if those hold 150.

Just curious... Why do you need a Durham address?
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    while the location may be something different, i would imagine the room to still be valina box.

why don't you look at some other places, bay7 american tobaccer parizzade
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bay 7 is right there and has so much character. It would be a lot less work for you and still a beautiful venue right at the Bulls stadium. Maybe you could get someone to let you take pictures in the stadium if you want something incorporated with baseball.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies - thank you for your thoughts and suggestions!

The groom is a proud Durham resident and many of the guests are Durhamites, so, for convenience we're seeking a Durham address.   This also is not the groom's first wedding and the thought is to make it a little less traditional. 
    My husband aka Father of the Bride is very excited about the idea of hosting the 'wedding party' at the stadium.   I guess you're getting the picture here...trying to honor the male wishes too.  We are looking for something fine, fun and tasteful. 

The season is over for the Bulls by October so there is no game which OMG that would be too much to consider, a wedding reception in the middle of a game.   The reception would be in the covered patio area with whatever tents, tables, etc we rent.  The venue cost is $1000.  You have access to the patio areas and the field.   Again, my husband is very excited about this. 

It's an intriguing idea and given this non-traditional nature I want to give it serious consideration.

Prizade seems too formal/stuffy.   I did see Bay 7 but have not researched them yet.   As always, there is a budget !
    Additonal thoughts and suggestions are welcome.  Thank you !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think having your reception at the Bulls stadium is a unique idea. 

If that doesn't work out have you thought about looking to see if the Durham Performing Arts Center has a space for receptions?  Also, I toured a place called The Cotton Room in Durham and it was a fabulous space.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JBritneyBugJBritneyBug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bulls stadium sounds like a lot of fun, I would ask about Rain back up plans. 

Bay 7 is great, when I called in October it was about $2400 when and that does NOT include tables & chairs which have to be rented seperately. 

The Cotton Room was a llittle out of my budget, Ceremony + Reception $3500 PLUS $52/pp dinner + alcohol.

You might try The Museum of Life & Science - we almost got married there but our day was booked. You can have the ceremony by the butterfly house, reception outside or in the museum, and ride the train!!!

Also try calling the Durham Armory or the Kings Daughters Inn. Not as unique as some of the other venues. 

I may be wrong, but I think the DPAC won't book very far out - 3 mo?? I can't remember but it was too short notice for us. 

I hope this helps!!! Good Luck!! 

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~Douglas Adams
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bay 7 is now $3400 - just checked into it last week - and still does not include tables/chairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards