Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Amazon registry question

I'm considering setting up a registry with Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with the registry? Any pros and cons? I love that there is so much variety and you certainly can't beat the price. Has anyone had any problems with returns or shipping difficulties? I'm just interested to hear about your overall experience.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amazon registry question

• Options
    We're using it. FI and I have both had great experiences for birthdays, Christmas, and other stuff. We have a lot of stuff on the registry that's a bit offbeat so the selection is great.We made sure almost everything is sold by Amazon and not third parties, so that most gifts will come with free shipping and returns are easier. Still, you have to mail each return  separately, or at least fill out return forms for each one online, which is the biggest pain compared to registering at C&B or whatever.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    Just make sure that you have a store registry setup for those that don't want to/can't use a computer.With that being said, I have enjoyed amazon registries from the guest-side.
  • Options
    I'm registered on amazon because I want to complete my fiestaware, color no longer in stores.  And like you said, best prices!  I have noticed that very few guests have asked where we are registered, and our bb&b and macy's registries are very active.  The wedding is in a couple of weeks and nothing from amazon is active.  I think these days people assume some of the big places and find your registry without needing to ask.  I always do that for other people's weddings, the only way I ask is if I don't find anything on Dillard's, Macy's, or BB&B...Anyway I don't think it would hurt to register on Amazon, but just be sure you have enough gifts on more obvious registries for people to choose from. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards