Second Weddings

XP: Back from honeymoon......

Sheesh, I was having Knot withdrawal.

We had an amazing 14 days in California, flew into San Fran, 4 nights there, then drove south down the coast in a convertible to Coronado Bay near San Diego, flew home Wednesday.

Too much to recount, honestly, The most exciting part was going to the Tiger's game in Oakland........sadly, we went Thursday, the night they *could* have clinched, but they did it the next night and we were not there. However, we did stay at the same hotel as the team and I got autographs from Miguel Cabrera, Brandon Inge, Jose Valverde, a few others, LOL. Got to talk to Jim Leyland their manager in the lobby and he's so NICE! They all were nice, but I have a special place in my heart for him because he's so in love with the city and the fans. Also got to talk to Dave Dombrowski their GM, we told him we are lifelong fans and thanked him for doing so much to get the team where they are now.

If anyone wants hotel recs for coastal hotels in California, just let us know. We are experts now, LOL. Smile 

Aside from the Tiger "stalking", our highlights were the hotel on the beach in Malibu, the everpresent sunshine and warmth in the southern part of California, and the fabulous upgrade we got from Loew's for our final 3 days in Coronado outside San Diego. If you don't have a Loew's frequent user card, get one: I booked a King room for $219 a night, and we got a King Suite with a fabulous bath, living room, bedroom, 2 flatscreen tv's, with a balcony porch on San Diego Bay. That room normally goes for $459 a night. It helped that we were there in the end of September, arriving on a Sunday when there were no other people staying there, but it was a fabulous experience.

If you want to see any of the pics, we put them up pretty much daily on Kevin's FB page, which is public, link here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1133862604

Re: XP: Back from honeymoon......

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Aw.....Sue, I love the siggy pic!  And leave it to a true sports fan to turn the honeymoon into a sporting event LOL!  Sounds like H.  He did take me to a Cubs game a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit that I had a good time.

Glad you're back!
  • edited December 2011

You are gorgeous, and your daughter looks just like you.  What beautiful pictures and clearly so happy.  Are there tears in your eyes as you are dancing with him?  You mom and dad are wonderful.  ~Donna

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, married lady!  Welcome back.  I'm very happy you had a great trip.  Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards