Military Brides

Tricare/Referrals/Reimbursement

Okay I am very new to the military wife lifestyle.. and I need some help on what to do as far as Tricare/Referrals/Reimbursement.

Background Info: I have a Cochlear Implant that helps me to hear. It requires special high-power hearing aid batteries to run. I can only order them through the manufacturer's website (CochlearAmericas). Only patients that have Cochlear Implants that have access to the Store in which you buy accessories, batteries, and parts for the implant device.

Normally with civillian insurance I would order them myself, print the invoice, file for a reimbursement claim, and I would receive a check in the mail.

Is it the same when it comes to Tricare? 
I also found this form... HERE. I am not sure if that would be the correct route or if I need to go in and see my primary care doctor and go from there?

Anything will help... also DH is Army if that helps

Re: Tricare/Referrals/Reimbursement

• Honestly, I would call Tricare. Everytime I call, I never am on hold for long and they always know the answer to my question.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Assuming you're enrolled in Standard (which is the automatic selection, and you see in-network doctors with a copay but no referral necessary), I found this link. It's not exact, but is sort of vague enough that I would call Tricare directly. Hike is right, they're great! Just have your husband's social handy if you don't know it, they'll need that to look you up. 
  • I am pretty sure I'm on Tricare Prime. Not 100% thought.. will have to ask DH.

He did go in before we were married to make sure that Tricare covered everything as far as my implant went. I gave him all of the insurance codes for everything possible that could happen to my device or if I ever needed batteries or accessories- it covered everything. It's the "how do it get it paid for" that I need help with.. haha.
  • I would say ask tricare for sure.  But I would get the dr to write a prescription for them with plenty of refills.  I would send it to the company (fax) I would also turn in any bills to tricare.  Maybe the company would bill tricare directly?  I know I get a special medication that now they send directly.  I use to have to send it in for a check. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards