Missouri-St Louis

need reception location suggestions

My sister just got engaged, and I am trying to help her find a reception location.  She would really like a reasonably priced location where she can have both the ceremony and reception.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help.  ;)

Re: need reception location suggestions

• edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony in front of sqwires out by the fountain and then having our reception inside the annex.  Bethany has been amazing. You and your sister should go talk to her.
  • edited December 2011
    I have found getting married  in an off month can really get people to bargin. I talked the Crowne Plaza in Clayton down to $30 per person. But I only think that is possible in an off month
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

We are getting married at Caroline Vineyards in Washington, MO. We are having the ceremony at Riverbend Chapel but there is an option for an outdoor ceremony as well.  There is a beautiful reception hall and dance floor below.  I'm going to be starting my medical residency program so I wanted to have everything right there and Caroline Vineyards has many preferred vendors, that's it's almost like a one-stop shop! For all that we are getting and the personal touches we are adding that the servers and wedding coordinator will do, it is well worth the price. Tony is wonderful to with as well; she is very nice!
  • anb2011anb2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    New Town in St. Charles is reasonably prices and beautiful!
  • lisaNbenlisaNben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    You can also look into Debonaire Banquet Center, The Larimore House Plantation, and most of the local wineries (esp. Villa Antonio).
  • Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for some place a little cheaper, I know Andre's does ceremony/reception packages. 

The Riverbend Chapel is beautiful!  We went and looked at it when we first got engaged but it was a little bit out of our price range.
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine at Scape, in the CWE. Our ceremony is in the courtyard and then a loft like room upstairs.  But you can have your reception in the courtyard as well.  Also, there are no room fees. You only pay for food/bar.
  • edited December 2011
    Orlando Gardens also can do a combo ceremony/reception.  There's 3 different locations you can chose from and they're pretty reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    quail ridge lodge has a gorgeous reception site, and a gazebo/lake/grassy area in the back you can rent chairs and get married at
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    They just renovated the Highlands in Forest Park (AAA golf course, the small one) They have beautiful landscaping and include a lot for the ceremony fee and have a bunch of amazing menu options. Talk to Amy, she's the one that will work with whatever budget you may have.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • edited December 2011
    For the person who mentioned Space. How many people does it hold for a sit down dinner?
  • edited December 2011

If you are OK with moving outside the city-center, take a look at The Butterfly House in Chesterfield. Both ceremony and reception are often done there. I think it's a little cheaper because it's in the suburbs...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards