Pennsylvania-Central

Local beer and wine

Fi and I would LOVE to serve local wine and beer at the wedding, however, still need to maintain a low low budget. I looked at nissley wines, and really, I can get imported wine cheaper, even with their 20% discount.
Additioanlly, i cant seem to find a local brewer that discounts bulk orders of beer. 

now, this is all based off of their websites. Has anyone had personal experience with vineyards and brewers doing bulk order wedding discounts?

Re: Local beer and wine

• edited December 2011
    we used nissley winery for ours. they have stores at various locations which make for easy pick-up (colonial park mall, capital city mall, park city mall, etc.).

one thing that you can probably save money on is not getting custom labels. we thought about it...but we didnt give them out as gifts and just had them served by the bartender so we decided that the custom label was an unnecessary expenditure.

honestly, i'd just start making calls, explain what youre purchasing for and see if they offer discounts. it cant hurt to ask!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Figures Sara would comment this post...lol.  I love Nissley Winery!  Their peach wine is awesome :)  I know one of my friends got a keg from Brewsky's on Eisenhower Blvd in Harrisburg.  I know its not really local brewer but it a thought.  Like Sara says it doesn't hurt to ask.  I actually bartered the price of a clearance item at Michael's. 
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe check out for beers Troeggs or Iron Hill Brewery, Winery wise maybe Chaddsford, Twin Brook, Long Trout, Va La, Houser Estates, or Nittney.. all depending on your location:)  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We got alll of our wine from Nissley...we got 2 cases and I think spent $150, it was money well spent....half of the wine was gone by the end of cocktail hour...I wish we had gotten another case! Our beer (kegs and cases) we got from Bauer's Beverage in Lancaster....I'm not sure what it cost b/c my parents took care of ordering/paying for it. One huge plus for us was that they deliver (which was great b/c we were out of Coors Light by dinner time and they brought more super fast!).
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely would recommend Troegs. You can get it at just about any distributor in the area so you can shop around. And you could even try going into the brewery and talking to the staff. They are always extremely helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    Nissley winery is really great!  Yuengling is a huge local brew that you can buy in about any NE alcohol store.  In Harrisburg, there's appalachian brewing company that has great brews.  There's also Iron Hill Brewery thats in Lancaster and West Chester that also has great local brws.  ABC and Iron Hill are both restaurants too.  Hope this helps some.
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_local-beer-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:c318ffd8-b8a0-44db-ae24-c32985385317Post:31dd0acb-a83e-4762-a406-b946d7ce1bc7">Re: Local beer and wine</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe check out for beers Troeggs or Iron Hill Brewery, Winery wise maybe Chaddsford, Twin Brook, Long Trout, Va La, <strong>Houser Estates</strong>, or Nittney.. all depending on your location:)  Good Luck!
    Posted by honeybee8882[/QUOTE]
    I'm actually not a fan of any of Houser's wines - if that's the newer winery in Adams County.  Allegro in the Brogue (Eastern York County) is pretty decent and a lot of their wines are inexpensive.
  • kjzobeckkjzobeck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually decided to check out ABC and decided to have the reception at the brewery great way to get a local brew and a great location with a bit of character, but it is a bit pricey for the beer. I would look into troggs or yuengling since they are not a micro brew and prolly be less expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards