Flowers

Silk flowers

Hi...

I had always been so sure I wanted real flowers for the wedding, but now budget ( and to make my vision come true), it looks like silk flowers are going to be a better option.

But honestly, are they tacky? Should I give upmy vision just to have real?

I've seen some beautiful work, but if people touch them, it will be obvious they are not real...

Re: Silk flowers

• I used a brooch bouquet with silk flowers  for our wedding, and simple hydrangea bouquets for the BM's (super cheap, I think we only paid 25 bucks for each) . If you want silk, and it works out to be more affordable for you, then go for it! Honestly, I have never been to a wedding and thought to touch the brides bouquet :) I don't think it's a requirement that you have to have "real" flowers, you should do what makes you happy on your wedding day, not what other people may expect. Just be careful , because some silk flower arrangements are kind of expensive also, although you can keep them forever!
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with silk flowers. They're a great money saver, and if you get good quality ones, you can't even tell the difference until you touch them! I wouldn't even be worried about your guests touching them, they're just going to notice them, think they're beautiful, and want to eat, drink and be merry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was going to use all silk flowers, but I was unable to find any Carnations in any of the stores I looked.  I didn't want to order them online as I wanted to see what they looked like before committing.  I ended up using real but there's nothing wrong with using fake.
    Anniversary
  • I am using fake calla lilies and wisteria from JoAnne Fabrics - the calla lilies feel like some kind of latex and they have little plastic cups inside to hold their shape until the day you need them.  Overall I was very impressed and managed to get all the flowers and supplies for my bouquet and my 3 BMs for uinder $150.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • <div>I am currently working on a new floral bouquet that is silks but feels just like real flowers.  I work with silks on a regular basis and have just discovered these awesome new ones that feel incredible!  I should have it up on my website in about a week so you can get an idea for what they look like.  Not all silks have to have that feel.  The one I am working on is all white with diamond gems in between the roses.  They also come in other colors.  Feel free to check out my webpage and email me with any questions you have.  I would be glad to provide you as much help as I can!</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/BUniqueBouquets?ref=pr_shop_more" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/shop/BUniqueBouquets?ref=pr_shop_more</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Also another great option with silks is too go the option of having something so unique that its obvious its not a real flower.  There are so many great options out there for brides now! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_silk-flowers-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:5e7cd0d4-9d6a-4de8-bd15-3750766f4df7Post:951fbf20-a54e-4f55-8a33-78a72fc1c2e7">Silk flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi... I had always been so sure I wanted real flowers for the wedding, but now budget ( and to make my vision come true), it looks like silk flowers are going to be a better option. But honestly, are they tacky? Should I give upmy vision just to have real? I've seen some beautiful work, but if people touch them, it will be obvious they are not real...
    Posted by Nori82[/QUOTE]
  • I'am having silk red roses. Honestly you carnt tell the difference well my mum couldn't and she wanted real.
  • ChelleNBlakeChelleNBlake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Here are some faux flowers I am selling! I bought 3 different floral packages and finally decided which ones to use!

EMAIL me if wanting to buy at Michellerawkz@yahoo.com

• Are there any good places to find GOOD silk flowers? Like MrsKathyC I want to be able to see them before i buy them. My colors are Blue and Orange, and i have NO idea about flowers or what kinds i should get. HELP! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards