Washington-Seattle

Wedding AW Wednesday

Be as much as an AW as you want to here!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Wedding AW Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    ugh. No AWing here, except that I have gone to 3 step classes, a combat class, and a pump class in three days. 
    YES! Feelin the burn!

Now I'm trying to figure out what the heck to get a 9 year old girl for Christmas... I don't want to spend a TON of money.. she's just a friend's daughter and I know they are hurting a little bit this year so I wanted to get her a couple things so my friend feels like she has plenty under the tree. 
    I'm headed down to Alderwood mall today.. any suggestions? :) 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wedding-aw-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:8ae32dfd-5251-4527-8f1a-24d63b75f6f0Post:66b80c6b-21e9-442b-9cec-1cf2fe01fa6e">Re: Wedding AW Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]ugh. No AWing here, except that I have gone to 3 step classes, a combat class, and a pump class in three days.  YES! Feelin the burn! Now I'm trying to figure out what the heck to get a 9 year old girl for Christmas... I don't want to spend a TON of money.. she's just a friend's daughter and I know they are hurting a little bit this year so I wanted to get her a couple things so my friend feels like she has plenty under the tree.  I'm headed down to Alderwood mall today.. any suggestions? :) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

I feel the burn too - started w/a personal trainer yesterday.  He's going to make me work out ANd eat like a grown up.  Not ok man ;)

9 year old girls - awkward age!  Hmmm, do you know anything she likes?  Justin Bieber might be safe. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love personal trainers, but the ones at my gym are a little too controlling.. I work out because it's something in my life that IIIII can control and no one else, not teachers, H, money, etc. ME. :) I have gotten some great work out tips/tricks for specific muscles that are used when backpacking though, so that was awesome. 
    How long are you going to use the trainer for? They will kick your booty! :) 

YES! Suuuuper awkward age.. like.. she told her parents she wants an Ipod touch, Nintendo DS, and a trip to FL. Lol. WOW. 
    There's no way I'm spending 100+ on her because WE don't havethat kinda money to throw around, but little stuff if fun. I got her a cute nail polish kit at JoAnns this morning (10 bucks and 60% off= 4 bucks. AWESOME!) but I'de like to get a couple other small things. 
    She likes stuffed animals (maybe I can get her a pillow pet? ), the color purple, baking. Maybe I will get her cute cupcake decorating things? 

• edited December 2011
    I think a pillow pet may be a little below her age level. My step son got one a long time ago and he is already over it and he is 5. But he's also a boy so what do I know. Maybe get her some cute jewlery stuff from like Claire's. I loved that place at that age!

Looks like you will be in my neck of the woods today!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip Chels! Yeah, wasn't totally sure about them... I know she still loves stuffed animals from Children's place, but we'll see..  :] 
    Oh, do you live near Lynnwood? 
    I Alderwood.. It's the only place I really like shopping besides bell square. Especially now that the area has a DSW :o
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wedding-aw-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:8ae32dfd-5251-4527-8f1a-24d63b75f6f0Post:5f71802e-4eb3-419d-a207-064adc7741db">Re: Wedding AW Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love personal trainers, but the ones at my gym are a little too controlling.. I work out because it's something in my life that IIIII can control and no one else, not teachers, H, money, etc. ME. :) I have gotten some great work out tips/tricks for specific muscles that are used when backpacking though, so that was awesome.  How long are you going to use the trainer for? They will kick your booty! :)  YES! Suuuuper awkward age.. like.. she told her parents she wants an Ipod touch, Nintendo DS, and a trip to FL. Lol. WOW.  There's no way I'm spending 100+ on her because WE don't havethat kinda money to throw around, but little stuff if fun. I got her a cute nail polish kit at JoAnns this morning (10 bucks and 60% off= 4 bucks. AWESOME!) but I'de like to get a couple other small things.  She likes stuffed animals (maybe I can get her a pillow pet? ), the color purple, baking. Maybe I will get her cute cupcake decorating things? 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

If all goes well - since he's not only turning out to be a personal trainer but also basically a nutritionist - and for 25/bucks a session I think we can swing the extra few bucks a week since we decided to stop going out to eat - goal is to go until wedding time.  We'll see how I feel and if I continue post wedding.

As silly as this sounds, pillow pets might be too young for her.  My 7 year old neice has one, and she got it when she was 6.  You could get her some cool slippers, or the HUGE cupcake thing (check walgreens - they at times have awesome stuff for cheap - like the huge cupcake thing maybe - or an as seen on TV shop) 

Does she have pierced ears?  Check claires and honestly, if you see a girl who looks her age, I haven't been afraid to ask them what they like.
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wedding-aw-wednesday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:8ae32dfd-5251-4527-8f1a-24d63b75f6f0Post:eab57942-0907-4ddf-9817-b2f75716e8d6">Re: Wedding AW Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a pillow pet may be a little below her age level. My step son got one a long time ago and he is already over it and he is 5. But he's also a boy so what do I know. Maybe get her some cute jewlery stuff from like Claire's. I loved that place at that age! Looks like you will be in my neck of the woods today!
    Posted by chelsea1110[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should have read your post first - we totally said almost the same thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards