New York-Hudson Valley

Wedding Photos - Location suggestion

We are using Digital Photography in Fishkill for our October wedding at Arbor Ridge in Hopewell Junction.  Although there are a few spots at the banquet hall/inn for photos, we were hoping to have more of a garden type of background.  My fiance and I decided to do the First Look to save time later on during the cocktail hour and reception.  Does anyone know of a good spot within the Hopewell, Beacon, Fishkill area?  I was hoping to have the pictures taken at Boscobel down near Cold Spring, but they charge $150 for grounds usage!  

Re: Wedding Photos - Location suggestion

• steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about using the vandervilt mansion for our first look photos. I will have good fall look and you can take pictures my the hudson.

How do you like digital photography? I LOVE their albums (I seen them at a bridal expo) are they good to work with? I am thinking about using them but my FH is not too happy with their price.
    Photobucket invite1
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-photos-location-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:a3c8037e-fa2f-4c25-9895-4dc9d29a8bd2Post:3e8f7c11-7aa5-459e-85c6-3fc1223e79c7">Re: Wedding Photos - Location suggestion</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I am thinking about using the vandervilt mansion for our first look photos</strong>. I will have good fall look and you can take pictures my the hudson. How do you like digital photography? I LOVE their albums (I seen them at a bridal expo) are they good to work with? I am thinking about using them but my FH is not too happy with their price.
    Posted by steveandta[/QUOTE]

You need a permit to take photos at the Vanderbilt as well.
    imageimageimage
  • jennashadowjennashadow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Digital Photography comes with our package at Arbor Ridge, but I have to say so far I am happy with them.  We are not getting an album.  It doesn't seem practical to me to spend so much for something so big that I may look through occasionally.  We were able to buy the rights to our hi-res files for only $400.  I figure I can make my own album much cheaper. 

We had an engagement session with DP last fall at the arboretum at Thomas Bull Park.  We thought it would be a photographer, maybe two, but 4 people showed up: 2 photographers, and two assistants who fixed our clothes or who held the reflective screen.  The session lasted an hour, and they took about 200 photos.  We are going to use those for our guest book..  

Our package will cost under $2000, and we will have 2 photographers all day long.  I'm looking forward to working with them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards