Christian Weddings

Post your...

Inspiration You Tube video for your first dance!  With five months left, I'm starting to panic about performing our first dance in front of 150 guests.  I can't dance, and I have little time to practice with my fiance since we're long distance.

Here's my inspiration video.  We're thinking about dancing to Moulin Rouge (either Come What May or Your Song).  Here's a video we may try to emulate... they only dance for half the song, so I need moves for the second half.  I'm also curious to see what others are doing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gqmTpcU0uk

Re: Post your...

• edited December 2011
    I searched so long for a good first dance song, but none are perfect enough!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, I wish I could post... We're not anywhere close to thinking about music for the reception yet, beyond the conversation I have had trying to locate a DJ.  We'll book the DJ soon, and we'll wait to figure the music part out until probably February. :-/ 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    We're dancing to "Free" by Zac Brown Band...but we're far away from talking about thinking the actual dance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance was immediately after the WP was announced and before we sat down.  We danced to Michael Sweet's song "Forever Yours".  DH picked it out.  It was the longest song EVER.  We never really considered that.  Everyone was just sitting there watching us and I thought it would never end.  We just slow danced/swayed and talked a lot.   For about the first 2-3 minutes, it was as if we were the only ones in the room. Then we started talking about how hungry we were and wondering if we could sneak over to the appetizer table before the toast.  We laugh about it now.
  • KaitlinRichKaitlinRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI have ballroom danced for the past 4+ years now and the most important peice of advice I can give you is just have fun! If you enjoy the moment and just look at your partner you will honestly forget anyone else is in the room. Waltzing is some of the best memories we have so far. And if it helps, we will be dancing to "You and Me" by Lifehouse. It is perfect for a slow dance or a waltz! (The words are applicable too!)
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't discussed HOW we will dance yet, but I think we are going to probably dance to, "When I say I Do" by Matthew West.
  • edited December 2011
    We still have a list of possible songs to chose from... Long as I live-John Michael Motgomery, The Best is yet to come- Frank Sinatra, Dancing in the Minefields-Andrew Peterson,History in the Making-Darius Rucker,When I say I do –clint black, so we are also still figuring out how to dance to them. The favorite so far is Dancing in the Minefields because it is OUR song, but dancing to it may not be as easy.
    My baby Buster. FI is jealous cause I love him more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic >
  • edited December 2011
    We did our first dance to "Lost in this Moment" by Big & Rich - it has been "our" song ever since we started dating. I cannot dance (AT ALL) either, so my DH helped me out :)

Good luck on your choice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Why are you freaking out when you still have five whole months?  We didn't have our song finalized til I think two weeks before the wedding.

We picked "Swallowed in the Sea" by Coldplay and just danced slow to it.
    panther
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be dancing to "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman for our first dance - just the typical slow dance. Plus, we will probably invite all the couples to join us part way through.
    Our last dance song is one that we can swing dance to, though. I'm excited because I taught FI how to swing, and he does it pretty well. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We have no idea what song to chose. Not that we have really focused on it yet.

We will probably do some sort of swing dance. We took lessons together before we started dating, (one of the steps towards falling in love) and so hopefully we still have it in us! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards