Georgia-Atlanta

Anyone else have something similar?

This isn't really about my wedding or anything, and it's not even a problem. I just wanted to see if anyone else gets where I'm coming from.

My FI and I have been together for almost 5 years now, and I am deeply in love with him. He is everything I want in a husband all wrapped up in a sweet and sexy.......and balding package. Now please don't think of me as shallow - this is not going to change my relationship in any way (except perhaps several bald jokes sprinkled in) but I must confess to a secret sigh of regret when I think of the impending loss of his glorious hair. It's very pretty hair - a lovely brown color and quite soft and thick. When we first met he told me in general conversation that his family has a history of early balding, so this isn't a suprise really - although I had hoped he would be a little older before he starting to lose it. He's almost 23 years old and his hair is thinning and he's got a quickly receding hairline.

Who knows? Maybe he'll look even better without hair, I know it will take some getting used to.  Oh well. Like I said, this is not even close to being a problem for me. Does anyone else have anything similar to share about their FI?

Re: Anyone else have something similar?

• bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Well, I can understand lamenting the loss of an attribute your husband formerly possessed.  But, I'm sure we all can relate on some level.

Like, if your FI has started gaining weight or is not taking as good of care of himself as he previously did, it can cause disappointment - although it should never change the way you feel about him.

OR if he changes his hairstyle or starts growing a mustache and/or beard or shaves one off - I completely get it.
  • edited December 2011
    MY has always had long hair (at lease since I have known him). Right now it is about 3" from his butt... and he is thinking of chopping it off!!! I told him I will support him in whatever decision he makes, but it WILL take me some time to get used to it... and I warned him I will probably cry lol

On the other hand, I have had black or red hair the whole time I have known my FI, and my mom has requested I go back to my natural color for the wedding. (natural color is blonde, and have not been blonde in 11 years!) I am apprehensive about what he will think, but I am doing it for my mom... tomorrow! eek!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    My husband is thinning in the front (think male pattern baldness). I fully expect that he will end up going completely bald in the next three years. It won't be his best look, but I'll get used to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL! Like I said, it's not really a problem for me - and I am at least looking forward to many many bald jokes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards