California-Northern

Recommended Bridal Gown Shops in SF

Hey ladies - I'll be MOH for my friend's wedding in March and we need to start looking for dresses ASAP.  She'll be in town next week and I want to take her dress shopping in SF.  There are so many places I don't even know where to start.  Can you all please give me some of your favortie places in SF?
Thanks so much!!!

Re: Recommended Bridal Gown Shops in SF

• edited December 2011
    what kind of budget does she have?

I found my dress at Bridal Image on Brannan and 6th--LOVED them.  They were so patient and nice--the dresses were all reasonably priced, too. 

Forget me Knots in the Marina is also very reasonable but they have a smaller collection of dresses...

If budget is no issue, Amy Kuschel (Union Square) is hands down great service and GORGEOUS dresses...

I've also heard good things about Glamour Closet, but I've never been there...

If you have time/energy, go down the peninsula to Trudy's in Campbell--they have a TON of dresses, too, in a wide price range...

HTH!
  • CarlyGalCarlyGal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Niki - that's really helpful and gives me a great place to start.  I'm going to make appoinments soon!  My friend has a fairly large budget for a gown so I'm sure there will be a lot of fun in store for us :)

• CristinZweigCristinZweig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget Bridal Galleria in the Embarcadero. They seem like they have a great deal of different designers. I'm going on Sunday for the Monique Lhulliah truck show, so I'll report back.
  • mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Glamour Closet and had a great time!  But plan to go early, as they don't take appointments, just take you in order.  They had beautiful designer dresses (sample gowns) at greatly reduced prices.  The bummer part is that you only get to choose I believe 5 dresses to try on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards