Louisiana-New Orleans

Venue Suggestions

My fiance & I just got engaged this month we live in Texas but met in college in New Orleans we are looking to get married there

Doing some research online  I came up with a list of venues that include the cermony & reception onsite I would like to get opinons on these places

The Balcony Receptions
Magnolia Plantation
Champagne Palace
Presidential Palace
The Rose Garden

Any feedback postive or negative would be greatly appreciate as I'm really only finding good reviews when googling but not sure if that is internal sources for Marketing purposes placing thoses or what

We really have no set budget yet as I have no idea how much places like this even cost to begin to create a budget
I do know I want somewhere all inclusive to make it easier to do the planning without actually being in New Orleans

I am aware of Souther Oaks Plantation but I would rather keep my guests closer to Metairie 

Re: Venue Suggestions

• amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also check out Maison Dupuy.  We had our ceremony & reception there and it was amazing.  Christie Anderson is a gem and helps you all the way through your planning.  The officiant and cake is also included into the ceremony/reception fee.  The food was scrumptious - all of my guests said it was the best "wedding food" they ever had.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggetion after talking with my fiance and mother this afternoon we have decided to hold the wedding in Lake Charles, LA will be able to get great venues there for the price and is more commuteable from TX to drive back and forth with the planning
  • edited December 2011
    I live pretty close to Presidental Palace and the owner is actually my neighbor! They are nice, but the place is small so if your having a small wedding, then I would say check it out.  
    Champange Palace is alright, my friend had a reception there and said she was totally happy with it.  It has a crazy Greek theme so go and look around before you book that.  
    Magnolia Plantation is very pretty and would make a beautiful reception site.
    The Balcony is a typical reception hall.  I looked into it and was too impressed with the size of the space.
    I am going with Chateau Estates Country Club in Kenner.  They have beautiful rooms and the food is included, which tastes GREAT!  I found them reasonable and easy to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards