Snarky Brides

Who are you?

13»

Re: Who are you?

• Chi-
    I started college at 17 as well and am only 5 feet tall.  I also saw an episode on Tyra awhile back about a girl allergic to water...it was not pretty.  I'm so sorry, that much suck big time!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:f21d09a0-5786-436e-b339-41aa3843d1b2">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am new to the boards and usually lurk also. I hail from CT, Been based Boston for 10 years including college and grad school. Randoms: I work in Music Education at the university level now a until a year ago I was in broadway national tours, I am a trained opera singer. I love history to a ridiclous extent. I am allergic to the sun, I litterly can not go south of north carolina with out needing medical help.
    Posted by Rachel&Dyl[/QUOTE]
    Welcome!! I think thats awesome you are a trained opera singer! That is some crazy talent you have there.
  • post and run for me, ladies, but I wanted to play! =)
    I hail from Chicago--grew up in the burbs but have lived in the city since 2001.
    My hobbies--I love art in all forms, but am best at drawing. I like watercolor, but hate oils--I suck at it and it takes too damn long. I also love dance in all forms and have taken everything from Flamenco to Burlesque (which is my current hobbie/passion).

3 random facts:
    I have both a nursing degree and a graphic design degree, and I do both.
    I now have become allergic to certain dairy proteins because of work. I became allergic to the powdered protein we put in breast milk for preemies, and now I can't have whey essentially. It's not heavily present in certain cheeses so I can eat those but not regular milk, ice cream or yogurt. Or doritos. *le sigh*
    I have ridiculously huge breasts that I used to hate (and sometimes still do, like when I have to bra or bathing suit shop) but for the most part am happy with. =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:aa40923a-a896-4619-864a-7ef456ff8854">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where do you hail from? I'm from Utah but I move around a lot   What are your hobbies? I cook and sew and knit   Tell us 3 random facts about you? I was always terrified of dogs until I met Fi's puppy Oreo, a few months later I got one of my own. I am worried Fi won't like our wedding, he doesn't like being the center of attention. <strong>I like reading post apocalyptic books and coming up with plans to get through whatever event caused that version of the apocalypse.</strong> 
    Posted by KatyRoseM[/QUOTE]
    I think I love you! I do that too :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:f65ae7d4-72cf-4f56-9726-bce7566b36f5">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Do you know how allergic he is to penicillin? Like, hives-allergic, or anaphylaxis? Because if it's the later, he should carry this in his wallet, or wear a medic alert bracelet. If he was in an accident (hopefully not!) or ended up in the hospital/ dentist for some reason, that would be their starting point for treatment, as it is the most common broad-range antibiotic. ETA: Sorry, allergies make me paranoid from all my time in the pharmacy, I'm a little.. neurotic I guess about them!
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

Honestly, he was just told that he was allergic to it but can't remember having a reaction to it. I think he must have reacted when he was too little to remember and just been told to stay away from them.

I know nothing about allergies so the more you can teach me the better! Although I am starting to think my therapist is on to something with a gluten intolerance. I hate it when mom is right...
  • I hate being late to these things! Oh well, here goes nuthin...

I grew up in Oklahoma and moved to Texas for college and haven't left, though I would like to move somewhere with cooler summers (and umm farther away from MIL) when I grow up :)

Random facts:

- I was born in the town where they film Real Houswives of New Jersey
    - I fake a really great british accent
    - I love Sharpies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:bbd3407b-9053-4512-a9d1-34e48585f97d">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate being late to these things! Oh well, here goes nuthin... I grew up in Oklahoma and moved to Texas for college and haven't left, though I would like to move somewhere with cooler summers (and umm farther away from MIL) when I grow up :) Random facts: - I was born in the town where they film Real Houswives of New Jersey - I fake a really great british accent - I love Sharpies.
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]
    I love british accents, I can in my HEAD but once I actually start talking I sound like an idiot. My husband has a really bad habit of starting to talk in a british accent if were around british people heh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:c501afdf-7805-44aa-af32-6e1c0664ca00">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Honestly, he was just told that he was allergic to it but can't remember having a reaction to it. I think he must have reacted when he was too little to remember and just been told to stay away from them. I know nothing about allergies so the more you can teach me the better! Although<strong> I am starting to think my therapist is on to something with a gluten intolerance.</strong> I hate it when mom is right...
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I have Celiac, which is an intolerance to Gluten and grains. Its very easy to deal with I never liked bread or pasta.

With the sun issue, I get steroid shots to control the reactions, which are pretty awful. my skin actually just started clearing up from the summer, its a relief not to have a rash after 3 months. I just have to avoid the sun from 11 am to 3 pm if the UVA rays are higher than 8 then I have to wait till 4 or 5 to go oout, but i work inside so its no big deal.
  • I'm not as bad as Celiac but I'm surprised how quickly my body has responded to being off gluten. My therapist had suggested getting off of it (due to fertility concerns) but I was all "yeah ok whatever". I have severely cut back for a month now and yeah, body definitely appreciates it.

Jenna, I am a sharpie addict. I love them and collect them and they make me oh so happy...
  • Born and raised in southeast GA. My hobbies are pretty limited due to a crazy hectic school and work schedule, but I like to read, bake/cook, shop, and hang out with my family.
    Three random facts
    - I got KU my senior year of high school, graduated with honors on a Friday, started college the following Monday, have worked 2 jobs the majority of the time I've been in college and graduating with a 3.38 (as of now) GPA in May.
    - I have gotten in at least one wreck every year for the past 4 years (haven't had one yet this year * knock on wood).
    - I am a huge football fan.
    MAY 2011 SIGGY CHALLENGE : YOU & MOH (I was also her MOH)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Bio**
  • Jenna - where in OK did you grow up?  I lived in Edmond until I was 6 and used to visit my grandma in Beaver every summer. 
  • Hello everyone!

Where do you hail from? What are your hobbies? Tell us 3 random facts about you?

I'm from Texas, born and raised in Houston.

I love reading,shopping and college football.

Random facts, hmm...

1) Well, I'm also allergic to penecillen, in addition to ibuprofen and aspirin. They make me break out in hives.
    2) I love animals. 
    3) I've spent the past couple hours on the TK because I'm procrastinating doing my homework.  I'm just not feeing grad school this semester.

You ladies have all made for a great distraction though.  Smile
  • welcome newbs! 

Where do you hail from? Boston born and raised with a brief 2 year stint in new hampshire. I now live outside of boston but still close :)

What are your hobbies? I LOVE to read and write. I miss being able to sit on my back porch with peach tea and my laptop writing away.

Tell us 3 random facts about you?

H and I met when we were 15 at a halloween party. He spilled a drink on me and I dumped the bottle over his head (hey he didn't apologize and thought it was funny!) we started dating at 17.

I started college in NYC but transferred back to boston to be in a more hands on journalism program.

H and I have two cats and we adore them. For us.. they are our kids. We also resent that if we had dogs.. more people would think this is ok. alas... :-/

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Where do you hail from? 
    CO, then OH, then CA, then CO, then CA again.
    What are your hobbies? 
    playing with my doggies, hiking, reading, trashy tv, cooking, baking (love to bake dont like the sweets so much like pies, cookies, etc) 
    Tell us 3 random facts about you? 
    1. My sister and I have chicken pox scars in the exact same place.
    2. I laugh at painfully inappropriate times.
    3. My dogs have silly names. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:b19d2b82-6b92-48ab-a4f7-65b722c5cd05">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]welcome newbs!  Where do you hail from? Boston born and raised with a brief 2 year stint in new hampshire. I now live outside of boston but still close :) What are your hobbies? I LOVE to read and write. I miss being able to sit on my back porch with peach tea and my laptop writing away. Tell us 3 random facts about you? H and I met when we were 15 at a halloween party. He spilled a drink on me and I dumped the bottle over his head (hey he didn't apologize and thought it was funny!) we started dating at 17. I started college in NYC but transferred back to boston to be in a more hands on journalism program. H and I have two cats and we adore them. For us.. they are our kids. We also resent that if we had dogs.. more people would think this is ok. alas... :-/
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

<strong>Boston here also!</strong>
  • Where do you hail from? I'm a wanderer.  South Dakota, USA is home now but I've been around.  (that's what SHE said)

What are your hobbies? reading, rugby, and baking.  But baking is mostly out of necessity since I love cake and am too broke to validate buying ready made ones.

Tell us 3 random facts about you? 1.  I met my husband on Match.com   2. I'm a lip-reading pro  3. I'm usually lonely
  • I'm from Kansas City. My hobbies are reading, going to the theatre, and hanging out with FI.

Three random facts... lets see...

-Psych is my favorite TV show, along with Big Bang Theory

-I'm always cold, even if it's 80 degrees outside.

-When I was little I used to want to be a teacher/model. Not one or the other, both.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2010

I live (born and raised) in PA, near Hershey where they make yummy Chocolate and have an amusement park that is priced higher then parks at Disney.

My hobbies aren't much anymore. I am online a lot. I love computers and now I go to school again so one hobby is homework. I do enjoy playing card/board games mostly with my second family (best friend and her family). My sister and her family plays games but they don't play by the rules or even so made up is ok sometimes but the way they play the game they mostly play I don't agree with at all. So I opt out every time.

3 random facts about me, narrowing it down is the hard thing.

`I love having the ac on until mid Nov or first snow fall- Now I have to have the fan on but it was getting me sick so I have the window open at all times.

`My left hand (pinky and ring finger) has been numb for almost 3 months and the doctor said it wasn't long enough to do anything. (this along with back and leg pain has been so annoying and more complicated then anything I ever had to deal with)

-I am super picky with my drinks. I don't like wine or beer whatsoever. I hardly like anything I ever tried. I am down to about 3 drinks that I know off hand that I like. I never actually gotten drunk. Only sick 2 times one was because the drink I had was not made correctly at all. The other was the mixture of booze. Celebrating my best friends 21st before my birthday was even near, the waitress never carded us. <and that was the only illegal thing I have ever done (on purpose).

4th fact- I'm not good at answering this random facts question.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm born and raised in KY, only moved an hour away from hometown.
    I'm a "grow where you're planted kind of gal."

My hobbies are reading, playing DS (I'm secretly 10), and making these:

AW----

Three Facts:

I'm left-handed for everything except throwing a football, and ambidextrous when bowling.

I've never been on a motorcycle.  I'm very ashamed of this.

BF is more than a decade older then me.  When he pisses me off, I give him a big ole kiss, and tell him I still want to grow old...after him.  It seems to be good revenge.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • even later to the game

Born and raised in Texas.

Hobbies:  what are hobbies again? My life has been consumed with school for the past 4yrs.  I faintly remember the days of reading, athletics, outdoors fun, horses.

3 random facts:

I was born on my sister's 12th b-day (I was a planned c-section for the day after oops). 

I am double jointed in my thumbs, so I have a hard time gripping almost anything.  I can actually bend my thumb backwards and touch my wrist (but I dont do it any more)

I like public speaking.  but wont be doing anything close to that for the rest of my life. (paid at least)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • oh annnnd I love games too.  Cribbage is my absolute favorite, and I loathe Monopoly but most other games I enjoy :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Hi,

I hail from the Great Commonwealth of Virginia, but I am a born and raised NYer.  I love cooking (especially for a crowd), I am a potter (as in plays with clay, not the books) and I have two children.  My random facts are: I learned to fly a Cessna before I had my drivers license, I went to the same HS as Young MC and a Supreme Court Justice, and my FI and I have a cup of tea every night before we go to bed. 
  • How do you drink scotch?  My FI's name is Scott and for some reason my dad seems to think that scotch is his favorite drink.... We have three bottles - all really good but just can't seem to get past the aroma....  And we feel guilty for not drinking any.... Can it be mixed? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards