West Virginia
Options

Tent/Event Rentals in Morgantown

Hello Ladies! 

We are getting married in May 2012 in Deep Creek, MD, and looking to compare rental companies to the local vendor in Deep Creek.  Has anyone rented tables/chairs/tents/heaters in Morgantown, WV?  Anywhere in between or closer would be fine also!  Thanks in advance for the info!

Re: Tent/Event Rentals in Morgantown

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that McGuffey Tents (from Parkersburg, WV) travels to Morgantown frequently to do WVU events. They are always at the football games. I would bet that they would travel to Deep Creek as well, I'm just not sure what they would charge.

It wouldn't hurt to check it out though: mcguffeytents.com
  • Options
    emmylel77emmylel77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't actually rent but I looked into it. MPE rentals up on the Mileground in Morgantown.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    hugginskhugginsk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm renting from Sweet Water Event Rentals.  They have been wonderful to work with and their prices were lower than MPE.  Also, Sweet Water is specifically wedding rentals, so they are very knowledgeable when it comes to weddings.  They helped me out with a lot of my general wedding questions.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    cpfwvucpfwvu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We rented tables, chairs, china and glasses from MPE for my sister's wedding in 2006 in Preston County, but I am renting from June Bug in Swanton, MD for my wedding this September. My friend who got married 2 years ago in the area checked all around and said June Bug had the best prices. Her tents come from another vendor that she works with. I'm getting a 40x100 tent with sides, 25 round tables, 250 chairs and a 20x20 dance floor for about $3200 including delivery and setup.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've talked to June Bug's rentals, but she hasn't gotten back to me very quickly.  She comes very well recommended from the wedding coordinator, but so far I'm not impressed.  Thanks a bunch for the other suggestions!
  • Options
    chrissywifechrissywife member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Sweetwater Event rentals.  I met them at a recent bridal show.
  • Options
    I too am looking for tent and lighting rentals for Deep Creek Lake but for Aug 2012...I haven't been able to find much just June Bug but just like you she took a long time to get back to me and then said having 120 people is too many for her tents. So please if you found anyone else please let me know. THANKS!!
  • Options
    Do not use Sweetwater rentals in Morgantown Wv. I used them for my July 2012 wedding and they didn't bring half the things I had rented. I used them over MPE bc of prices. They didn't bring half the chairs also I had ordered a monogram light for the dance floor and they didn't bring. The only thing they provided were the lights around the room. I had spoke with them week before wedding and had booked them over a year in advance and at 3pm I am called into a room by my wedding planner telling me she doesn't want to stress me but they had to call MPE because Sweetwater didn't bring the items I had rented. I tried contacting Candice by emal on my honeymoon and also after I returned to get the reason on this and she never responded except to say they were sending a check to refund me on a part of what I paid. They had to pay MPE for everything they brought so only got refunded for monogram. I felt that they should have provided me with a reason. Good luck if you use them bcd talked totem week before an everything was going to be there an on time
  • Options
    Sweetwater Rentals in Morgantown is really reliable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards