Catholic Weddings
Options

Who do I need to ask to participate in the mass?

I know I have to ask two people to be readers and two people to do presentation of the gifts but is there anyone else I need to ask to be in the wedding?

Re: Who do I need to ask to participate in the mass?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You will also need a reader for the Prayers of the Faithful
  • Options
    sawahleeesawahleee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

altar servers? generally, the church can provide this but if you have altar servers in your family it might be a special way to get them involved if they're close to you.

Visit The Knot!PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are having anyone cantoring (singing) you have to ask someone to do it. No one in our family sings well...lol, so when we were working with the music director/organ player, she suggested some names of people who sing at church on a regular basis. After contacting them, I found one of them that was available. Just to let you know, this is something we have to pay for seperately from the church fees and the organist fees. Thank God she was only $50. It is so expensive to get married today, esp in the Catholic church. But maybe your church will have the cantors included in the price...hope this helps ya
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    make sure your organist and vocalist (optional) are covered.

also, altar servers.  the church will usually provide them, but as a PP said, if you have a youngster in your family who knows how to serve, tehy may want to do this for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are having more than 50-75 guests, you will need at least one Eucharistic Minister.  If you have any friends/family who are one, then you could ask them.  If not, your parish probably has someone whom you could ask.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards