Destination Weddings Discussions

Happy Weekend!!!!

Yay the weekend is here! Its already getting to me that our home net is down! I have stuff I want to show you ladies and I can't because I can't upload pictures on here.... Grrrr! But to celebrate my happiness with you, my PERFECT cake topper arrived! I will post pics if I can later or some of the ladies I personally shared it with, not on here,can add the pic if they have time

Re: Happy Weekend!!!!

• I just did my French Oral final exam (88%!! Whoop!!) so only the written to go this week.  Think we might go visit my niece today and take her off her parents hands so they can paint more.  Can't wait to see the cake topper.  I love cool ones

• Hi Britt!! I will take the liberty of posting the pic for you :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • as for me...i am doing absolutely NOTHING today and I am going to enjoy it!!   Since I have the opportunity to just relax, I will be emailing my WC regarding the locations for the reception...trying to decide between their garden or lawn since apparently they only have an indoor area for in case of rain emergencies (which looks kinda small in the pic).  I need to ask her which area is more private/secluded and that's the one I will pick!  Also started my registry so I will add items to it today :-D  soooo happy to be working on wedding stuff today!!!
  • I am taking part in a swap on Ravelry where we make our swap items so I am working on a book bag :
  • bridechanbridechan member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Going to the beach!!!

I'm a little embarrassed because I'm covered in mosquito bites which turn into bruises and scabs on my skin so I'm looking a little beat up but oh well, maybe a tan will help them not be so noticeable.

Oh and Britt, I love the cake topper!! We have two pups too and we're thinking about doing something similar. Super cute!
  • I love my cake topper!!!! I am debating going to the gym today, and also going to visit a friend in the hospital.
  • Britt -- what's your name on Ravelry? I didn't know they did swaps! I'm loramarie03 :) I love that site!

It's REALLY hot in NYC today... like sit on the couch and sweat hot... ugh. Today we aren't doing much but tonight we are going out to eat in the AC (ahha). Tomorrow I have a 10K and that's about it. A nice lazy weekend! :) 

~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Ok what is Ravelry? I never heard of it! We have DHs son for a few hours then meeting my sister and her FI at an out door restaurant, it's 95 here! Then they will come back here for game night. My XH is having "our" annual July 4th party today so ALL of my friends are there. I had to beg him when we were together to let me have a party at our house.. Now he does it every year. Kinda mad about that but what can I do.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Ravelry is a community for people who knit and crochet! Its awesome! My name on there is brittmk0922
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Oh that's cool. I would love to learn how sometime!
  • Hey ladies. I am actually still in bed and I am not really sure why. FI wanted to get up early to get his hair cut but that did happen. Today I am making a southwest pasta salad for FIs uncles 4 th of July party. It doesn't start til later which is good because of the heat. I do want to stop over at office depot today and do a test print of our rsvps to make sure they come out good. Since michaels is right next door I might take a gander at some things in there too.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • i'm also on ravelry!!  I just have to remember what my username is though.  i just started knitting a couple of months ago :-D

• Jenn - It's an awesome website for knitters/crocheters... like a Facebook for them with tons of awesome patterns and stuff too!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Does it teach you how to do it? I need lessons!
  • Lion Brand has some awesome tutorials! http://learntocrochet.lionbrand.com/
    and http://learntoknit.lionbrand.com/ :) Once you pick up one, the other one is really easy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wahoo! Just ordered our sand ceremony frame kit. I keep staring at stuff and waiting forever to order so trying to just DO it hahah 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey ladies!! I am working today which is not fun but o well.  I am also not feeling the greatest which doesn't help.  Tonight I plan on just relaxing and lying around.  Have a great day ladies!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Hi ladies,

IT IS HOT!!!  Not doing much of anything today just been louging around all day under the air with DF watching movies. 

Britt, your wedding topper is so cute, loving the dogs and cats included with you guys. 

You ladies stay cool today!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards