Connecticut

Need advice on local wedding help & vendors to Stamford

My fiance and I just decided to get married this summer rather than next spring and I am totally unprepared!   We are getting married at a restaurant in Stamford that is waterfront in 3 months.  I need a dress (a sample I'd imagine), music, pictures and flowers and was thinking of hiring a coordinator to put it all together for us but want to keep the wedding simple, low key and inexpensive.  I'm new to the area and overwhelmed so any advice and recommendations are appreciated.   

Re: Need advice on local wedding help & vendors to Stamford

• jackdflippjackdflipp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for your dress go to david's bridal they can get you almost any dress in the store in 2 weeks.... I don't know much about the area in terms of other stuff. I have a photographer that I love, and he does do weddings in fairfield county. His name is John from steady photography. His prices were really reasonable. you can check out his work at steadyphotograph.com . I hope this helps and if you need anything else just ask :)
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely look into the following...

Photo:
    Fotoriginals (http://www.fotoriginals.com)
    Mia Paige Photography (www.miapaigephotography.com)

Flowers:
    Honestly, I would try Stop & Shop or Stew Leonards (Norwalk)

Music:
    Dance to the Music (www.dttment.com)

Hope that helps!!!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I second Kim with Stew Leonards in Norwalk for flowers.  I've heard great things about them.  I don't know if you need a cake also, but you can get one from Stews also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second Stew's for both the cake and flowers if you want something good and inexpensive. Summer is tough because a lot of the good vendors are booked since it is wedding season. 
  • jensmom1jensmom1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  I'm looking into all of your suggestions and really appreciate the help!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try the Bridal Mall in Niantic for a dress.  I bought mine there at a sample sale and had GREAT luck.  (and i only paid $250!)  their next sample sale (they call it a blow out sale) is July 25.  just make sure you call for an appointment!  and good luck!!!

I also hired my florist only about 2 months out, so you may have some luck with them if you can't find anyone else.  They're in Shelton, so a bit far from Stamford, but just in case...i used Langanke's.  i didn't do centerpieces or decorative flowers, but it only came to about $400...
  • edited December 2011

what restaurant in stamford are you using?  i'm looking for waterfront restaurants myself.

Also - I've heard great things about Stews for flowers and cakes too.

Best of luck!

• starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-advice-local-wedding-vendors-stamford?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:737e434a-57f3-4033-b2e1-d8c68cb1da2aPost:fb4a94e7-2fe9-45db-a32a-80eba8b16bc5">Re: Need advice on local wedding help & vendors to Stamford</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>for your dress go to david's bridal they can get you almost any dress in the store in 2 weeks</strong>.... I don't know much about the area in terms of other stuff. I have a photographer that I love, and he does do weddings in fairfield county. His name is John from steady photography. His prices were really reasonable. you can check out his work at steadyphotograph.com . I hope this helps and if you need anything else just ask :)
    Posted by jackdflipp[/QUOTE]

<div>uhhhh not to be snarky, but OP...read the post "RANT: David's Bridal" before you do this!  apparently a lot of our CT david's boutiques are pretty bad.....</div>
  • SuperbestSuperbest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my florist-they are in Westchester but I am sure they would travel to CT-Danny at Westchester Floral Decorators.  Any my photographer is also in Westchester, Nick Carter-he was great too.  Let me know if you have any questions on these.

I am selling my dress for half the list price if you are interested:  Sottero Midgely-It is in great condition but.. I am short (5'2") so it would only work if you are my height. It is has a corset back so it is an easier fit-fits regular sizes 4 to 8.

• edited December 2011
    I was just recommended to a shop in Milford Called Village Vogue, they have a ton of off the rack dresses that where used in the movie Pink Panther so they are discounted. We are using Catherine Fiehn for photos http:www.catherinefiehn.com she is amazing, but books up quick but you never know.  We are booking everything very early and florists don't want to talk to us yet (of course they have mentioned it in a nice way  but I have also heard good things about Stew's, but you may find you can go with a more custom one as they don't book as early as most vendors!
  • edited December 2011
    I just found a reasonably priced photographer that we might use for our wedding next year.  
  • edited December 2011
    If you need a cake, I have to recommend DiMare in Old Greenwich.  They did our cake and it was beautiful and really tasty!

If you're still in search of a florist, try The Old Greenwich Flower Shop.  They were super accommodating and reasonably priced.

Plenty of resources in the area -- so you should be fine :)  We did our reception in Stamford (ceremony in Ridgefield) and couldn't have been happier with the decision.

Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards