July 2012 Weddings

Amazon Veil (PIP)

So I ordered my veil from Ginger Wedding from Amazon after butterfly recommended it. Thanks girl! It came yesterday, super fast shipping since I ordered it last Friday. It looks really good, especially for the price, but I'm worried the ivory color might be too dark for my dress. My dress is ivory as well. I would recommend ordering diamond white if you have a light ivory colored dress.  I have my first dress fitting next weekend, so I 'll try it on then and see if it works. I ordered the 2 tier fingertip length ivory veil with rhinestones and was $24.99, $30 with shipping (bargain!!). Almost wish I would have just gotten a 1 tier veil though. I guess for the price I could order another one! Here is a pic!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Amazon Veil (PIP)

• Thank you for posting this. I am about to order fro Ginger but my dress is a soft white Vera Wang and  I am worried that the ivory might be too dark, and the white will be too bright. Please post the picture.
  • I was able to upload a pic! I would order their diamond white if you're dress is a light ivory. I have a feeling I'm going to have to re-order mine in that color. But since the veil is sheer, the ivory color might work and might not be a big deal. I can't imagine one of my guests pointing out that my veil is a 1/4 shade darker than my dress and since I'm only planning on wearing the veil at the ceremony it might not be a big deal. Good luck!
  • Thank you for posting. I will probably order in diamnd white
  • oh nooo!! i am so sorry you are worried about the ivory being too dark...my dress is a pretty normal shade of ivory, but i think since my veil is just one layer, the color doesn't look as deep and the tulle is more sheer. Other than the color situation it looks fabulous though!!! I hope it looks OK with your dress and you don't have to order anotehr one, I feel bad!!
  • Oh don't feel bad! It might end up being the perfect color, I just need to hold it up to my dress. it's been so long since I've seen it! I think it will work and if it's a little darker, I don't think anyone will notice. You're awesome for recommending this!
  • edited May 2012
    hey I am glad I was able to help some ladies out!! My $18 veil is seriously nicer than the $300+ one I tried on in the boutique, it's crazy how overpriced veils can be....even if you end up ordering a second one, you will be saving money! 

my mom keeps telling me to stop telling everyone that I got my veil for eighteen bucks, hahaha, I guess I should stop publicizing that now!
  • Seriously, you guys are making me want to buy a cathedral length one instead. Although my mom would freak out if I spent money on a veil after she purchased mine at the bridal salon (well, the WRONG one, but whatever).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I cant believe you already got yours!  I am waiting for mine to arrive.  I ordered it on Friday too!  I am so excited to get it.  My dress color is called soft white so I ordered the Diamond White.  I will post a picture when it gets here!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_amazon-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8146dde1-7a98-44df-a54b-a8af7947ca77Post:d6747ff7-3413-4a1b-bfd5-b4c9ea87e412">Re: Amazon Veil (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey <strong>I am glad I was able to help some ladies out!! My $18 veil is seriously nicer than the $300+ </strong>one I tried on in the boutique, it's crazy how overpriced veils can be....even if you end up ordering a second one, you will be saving money!  my mom keeps telling me to stop telling everyone that I got my veil for eighteen bucks, hahaha, I guess I should stop publicizing that now!
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

This!!  My veil just came in and it is similar to OP's, but mine is elbow length. I love it!  Thanks for recommending this vendor!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Carla I am so glad!!! yay!!! i totally found this seller on a whim, I am glad I am helping some ladies save $$!

bridetobe: mine is cathedral length and was 18.99. no harm in spending twenty bucks on an experiment to see which one you like better :) Would they let you just return your other one since they screwed up so bad??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_amazon-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8146dde1-7a98-44df-a54b-a8af7947ca77Post:f866503a-8016-42db-9d65-6890713b7131">Re: Amazon Veil (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carla I am so glad!!! yay!!! i totally found this seller on a whim, I am glad I am helping some ladies save $$! bridetobe: mine is cathedral length and was 18.99. no harm in spending twenty bucks on an experiment to see which one you like better :) <strong>Would they let you just return your other one since they screwed up so bad??
    </strong>Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

That's a good question, actually. I may try to do that when I go in on May 19th. That's when I'm supposed to go in for my second fitting and was going to show them which one they should have ordered originally. Maybe I'll just say eff it and tell them to refund our money. I'm just wondering with my gown being so intricate on the bottom whether I want to cover it with the veil.

(first world problems)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • with just being one layer of tulle, you can still see the intricacy of my gown through the veil.  I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to cover it up - to me, when you do just a simple and sheer veil, it kind of adds to the prettiness of an intricate skirt rather than taking away from it since it's floaty and sheet and you can see through it.

Sometimes I have to laugh at the things we discuss though, if my fiance saw this type of conversation he would really not understand!
  • DECISIONS, DECISIONS! hahahaha omg I'm going crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Wow that's an awesome deal! I ordered mine off of Etsy and now I'm beginning to wonder if I should have. Hmmm... :/
    image 82 Invited image 64 Confirmed image 14 Declined image 4 Who Knows?
    RSVP Date: June 20th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sweet deal, that is very pretty.  I got mine from shopruche.com.  I love their stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards