Rhode Island

Family resort or vacation compound in Rhode Island or SE Massachusetts for wedding venue?

We are looking to get married mid May 2013, preferably near the water (ocean/bay).  We are also considering South Eastern MA.  We're planning a small wedding of about 50-75. 

What is important to us is finding a venue that can let all or most guests stay together over the weekend (or week) so we can have an extended celebration.  Perhaps you know of an offbeat resort or (family) compound or vacation rental that might fit the bill?

We do not need high-end, nor do we have the budget for it, but we do prefer historic or rustic places.  Budget for whole wedding is approx 5k-10k - we still have a lot of decisions to make!   Next would be the food!

I have gotten so much good info from this board - thanks!

Re: Family resort or vacation compound in Rhode Island or SE Massachusetts for wedding venue?

• W. Alton Jones comes to mind, it is URI nature education center and I believe you can rent the whole facility. It is very rustic but should be budget friendly. I am sure the other girls will have ideas too.
  • that was my idea as well - alton jones. very rustic and beautiful - cabins for guests to stay in. my cousin just got married there this may and everything was great. food was good too.

• check out bay voyage inn in Jamestown.  It may come in above your budget, but worth looking into 
  • Wow thanks for the tip! Never came across this one! Would there be anyway to find out more info about your sister's experience, since we are planning for a May wedding as well? Specifically, what caterers, how many guests, did they stay on property, did they use a tent, etc? And of course photos if any are online! Please feel free to PM to connect. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards