California-San Diego
Options

Wild Animal Park

I am getting married at the Wild Animal Park next year and I wanted to know if any one else is getting married there or in the surrounding areas? I live in Riverside so I am looking for good vendors in escondido and I am not familiar with the area. It would be great to get in contact with other brides who are getting married in escondido.

Re: Wild Animal Park

• Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What vendors do you need to book?

Gloria's Bakery in Escondido is a wonderful bakery, and they make amazing cakes and cupcakes.

Melissa McClure lives in the N. County area.  She's a wonderful photographer.

Let us know if you need other vendors.....
  • Options
    miss.jawrightmiss.jawright member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't booked any vendors yet but the two vendors I am really looking for are the baker and photographer. So I will check out the two you listed. I have seen mixed reviews of the bakers in the area and I am not sure of whether I am going with pies or a cake.
  • Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Melissa McClure used to live in Escondido, and also got married about a year ago.  I think she used Gloria's bakery.......she would be a great resource.  She is someone that even if you can't book her due to cost or something else, she can refer you to another wonderful photographer, and give you names of the other vendors.
  • Options
    abuabu
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked www.frankelphotography.com. Albums are gorgous
  • Options
    sunglassqueensunglassqueen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh you are so lucky!

I wanted to have our wedding there but they were booked. For the photog check out www.NarikosNest.com. She's been awesome so far. As for the cake, I'm still looking into it too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The wild animal park is a great venue. We booked 18 months in advance so they were still pretty open ) sunglassqueen I will let you know if I find a good bakery. I have heard of several but haven't checked them out myself. I am setting up an appointment with Melissa Mcclure and I will check out NarikosNest. I have a tight budget though so that seems to be restricting my range.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Nariko's Nest. So far I've been really happy w/ her. We just did our engagement photos and they came out awesome! As far as budget, she actually worked to get as close to our budget as possible (which was way under what it says she charges on her website). So you never know she might help you out as well. I would love to see your pictures at the wild animal park that sounds pretty cool!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    watermelonseed: great to know that she will work with the budget because her price on the website is too much for me. I love her pictures though!
  • Options
    Dana&BrianDana&Brian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dapper Images for our photographers. They are a husband and wife team out of Escondido. Our E pics turned out amazing!! You can visit the site and check out past weddings they have done too. Dapperimages.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I will have to check dapper images prices but their pictures are amazing!

• Options
    sammymarshallsammymarshall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello,
    I'm getting married there this september =) and I live in riverside as well lol so I'm going to the bridal bazaar for main vendors but we got them to extremely cut down the cost for us they estimated us 14,000 and I got it down to 7,000 so let me know if you need any help.
    Samantha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoa sammy how did you do that I am totally interested!? However, I already signed my contract.
  • Options
    sammymarshallsammymarshall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I got them to go outside of the package no alcohol or soda (lemonade and iced tea only) and were vegetarians so were getting the tofu which is a cheaper meal option and were expecting about 85 people...were getting married on a friday which is cheaper...were getting married at mombasa which was cheaper and no animal presentation. They were like "nobodys ever done this" which is kinda scary lol because they keep mixing up the numbers and our details lol so really double check all your paperwork Which centerpiece do you think your going to pick?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah I can see how that would cut down costs. My family would freak if I went with tofu and no alcohol! :)
  • Options
    IDzine01IDzine01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jawright - I'm getting married at the Wild Animal Park too, this October. You didn't say when your wedding was. Has it happed yet? I'm also really struggling to find a good baker in the Escondido area. I think I will start with the recommendations here.

Sammy - I like your thriftyness and found the WAP to very accomodating. I went with the birds nest of lilies (though I'm not a fan of lilies) I couldn't resist that it was part of the package price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

IDzine: My wedding isn't until next May. But I am going cake shopping for fun in the next month or two and I can let you know. I tried the French Gourmet and they were good not great for my taste.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards