North Carolina
Options

Hi, new here - a little long.

I joined here a few months ago, but haven't posted anything yet.  My fi and I have been engaged since the day after Christmas, but didn't have a day set until this past weekend.  We are getting married 10/01/11. I'm very excited!
A bit about us.  We met online in May of last year.  He is a single father with full custody of his 15 year old daughter.  I knew he was different from the very beginning.  Things moved pretty quickly with us, but it felt right.  
We were only together 7 months when he proposed.  I wasn't expecting it at all but I was hoping that it would happen.  
His family is very excited for us. I just love them and the feeling is mutual.  His parents divorced many years ago and have both been remarried to their new spouses for over 30 years, so I'm getting 2 sets of in-laws. Luckily I love them all.
My family felt that the engagement was too quick.  I've been through a few long term relationships, with 2 engagements but no marriage (it just wasn't right).   So when my fi came along, I knew what I wanted in someone and he was it.
My fi is the best man I've ever met and been with.  He treats me so well and I've never felt more cared for or loved.  I can talk to him about anything.  He is a wonderful father and is close to his family.  He is a man of his word and I really couldn't ask for more in a husband and best friend.
Since we set the wedding date, I finally feel like this is really going to happen.  My sister and niece are 2 of my bridesmaids, but so far have had no reaction, good or bad, to my wedding plans.  My fi's daughter is another bridesmaid and she's very excited for all the wedding stuff.  Fortunately, I have a dear friend of 19 years, that is my other bridesmaid and is super excited to plan with me.  
But the most important thing about this is that I will be married to the man of my dreams, regardless of what my family does or doesn't do in the meantime.
My father is happy for me and my mother is deceased.  That is the hard part for me, not having her here to help me.
Thanks for listening and I look forward to all the advice that you guys can share.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi, new here - a little long.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards