Florida-Central Florida
Options

Wedding Planner ( I know another one)

So I know people post about this all the time and you all have great reviews I just kinda need recomendations in one place. We are going to start contacting planners for our wedding next fall. 

I know ashlie from In the city weddings is popular.  Has anyone used susie from wonderful weddings before?

Please give me recomendations on great planners and if you could include a short tibit why you recomend them or why they were so great on your day, I'd really appreciate it.

Planning from another city and having a really busy mom, we kinda need a planner we feel.

Thank you!

Re: Wedding Planner ( I know another one)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I decided to work with Laurie from Bliss, and I love her! We decided to go wiith a "partial" planning, and for me it is great because she gets my schedule and makes appointments. When I don't know if that is too high priced she lets me know and has them make it lower. Laurie is bubbly and cracks me up.

Oh and whenever we have meetings she feeds me sweets (and sometimes gives me a to go box for my nieces and nephews).Smile

I also met with Ashlie from Weddings in the City (she didn't quite offer what I needed) and Blush (they do full planning or DOC).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Blush's DOC package.  I have been working with Kristen McDonald.  She is super sweet and great to work with.  She is very responsive to all my emails.  The thing I really like about the DOC package is they take over the coordination six weeks out which I thought was great.

Let me know if you have any questions.  GL! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We were torn between April Dorsey from D-tales and Kristy Rapp. We ended up with Kristy ultimately because the packages were similar,but there was a dramatic price difference.

I just had my second meeting with Kristy,and she has been very on the ball with everything including keeping copies of important contracts like photography and flowers.
        She also has a lot of wonderful stuff we can use for the wedding free of charge, like a beautiful cake cutting set and birdcage for envelops at the wedding. She is also probably one of the most organized people I have ever met.My fiance and I are very Very organized and we felt everything would be safe in her hands,oh and our wedding isn't until late November and she already plans for us even though we only hired her for DOC.good luck!
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    has anyone worked with or heard of any reviews with susie from wonderful weddings? My FMIL has talked to her and she seems nice but want other people's opinions on her service.
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Karen Lupica from Exquisite Weddings of Central FL.  So far, we have only done the pre-wedding stuff, as my wedding is not for over another year, but she has been incredibly helpful.  She has assisted with my negotiating with several vendors and with 2 of them she was actually able to get a better deal for me than I was able to get!!  We have a lot of contact and she is always very available and responsive.  I have found her to be infinitely helpful and highly recommend her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Susie and she is wonderful. She is very knowledgable and detail oriented. My SIL also used her, and her wedding was perfect. She has many different packages depending on your need. Because she has been in the business for so many years she has contacts for everything imaginable. I would highly recommend her without a doubt. Our wedding is in 2 wks and I have no stress thanks to Susie. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey liz i sent you a PM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After letting go of the original planner I had hired, I used a former knottie Charisma. Charisma was great and went above and beyond in the short time she had before my wedding (approx. 2 weeks). She has great ideas and really listens, also very organized and detail oriented.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow is it just my computer or do some these wedding planner's websites are really finicky and hard to click on links?
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have actually come across a lot of vendors who's websites were not at all user friendly!!!  Very frustrating!!!  I feel like "if people can't get your information, how are they even going to book you???"  Annoying!!!  Best of luck with navigating al that!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cheech - haha I feel the same way! Blush is one website I haven't had issues with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are the averages costs and packages for your wedding planners?
  • Options
    sprat85sprat85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Susan with Just Marry.  The website is Justmarry.com.  She works with a lot of the hotels in Orlando.  We planned our wedding from out of town and she was wonderful to work with.  I had one weekend a month to meet with vendors, and she set up all the appointments at my hotel so I didn't have to drive.  Our guests are still gushing at how smoothly the wedding went. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cmh111601cmh111601 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our experience with Karen Lupica from Exquisite www.ripoffreport.com/wedding-services/exquisite-weddings-o/exquisite-weddings-of-central-f9bfa.htm#" class="kLink">Weddings of
    Central Florida has been extremely poor. She failed to fulfill key parts of our
    agreement including coordinating our rehearsal (not even showing up). 

There were items that were agreed to be setup for the wedding that were never setup.
    In addition, expensive materials from our vendors are missing and priceless
    items from our wedding are also gone when she was responsible to properly
    return these items to us. 

The worst part is that any attempt in the 9 days since our wedding to contact Karen Lupica has been unsuccessful. We have left numerous messages via e-mail, Facebook, texting, and phone without a word back.

Even though Exquisite Weddings of Central Florida’s pricing was reasonable, I
    would have rather paid another company more to ensure that I would not have to
    do my rehearsal on my own and pay my vendors for items that are missing and
    sentimental items that I cannot replace. After searching the internet, I was
    not surprised to find other reviews like mine. I wish I would have seen them
    sooner.
  • Options
    mfcoco22mfcoco22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Please do not use Exquisite Weddings of Central Florida! Not only did the main planner, Karen Lupica, not show up to our rehearsal, she didn't even show up to our reception! The group was nice and enthusiastic enough, but they were incredibly unprofessional and didn't even respond to my follow up e-mail about their service.

Pay the extra money and go with someone reputable. EWCF were awful.

• Options
    ssj2ssj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lisa & Kristen from An Affair to Remember and I adore them.  Their basic package is month of and it is already paying off.  I got a discount on my florist & they do not do kickbacks.  Lisa has been so great at replying to emails at all hours of the day.  They are worth every penny so far.  I checked out reviews on weddingwire and all of theirs were awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards