Rhode Island
Options

Cost of officiant??

I know it varies, but just wondering how much people are paying for a half hour or so ceremony?  Thanks!

Re: Cost of officiant??

• Options
    I'm paying $100 for my JP, but I'm getting married in Mass and the rates they charge are set by the state.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The few people I called were around 300 dollars or so.
  • Options
    I think that amount is crazy high for such a short ceremony!  Speaking of officiants, we need to find ours very soon... the wedding is this Sept!
  • Options
    essence27essence27 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I am using Perter Rosedale and his fee is $150 at a location of your choice or $100 to have the ceremony in his office in Providence, RI. I'm having my ceremony at Prospect Park something very intimate. Hope this helps
  • Options
    We are having a catholic ceremony in a church and we are paying 400.00
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    catholic ceremony here too - we were told 200-300
  • Options
    WOW I was quoted 1000!! I knew it was ridiculous but I wasn't sure just How ridiculous it was. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    We hired a very reputable interfaith Reverend out of MA for our outdoor ceremony in Newport. He charges $650, which I think is a bit steep but he was the most professional out of all the people I interviewed and our personalities really clicked which I think is so important. I hate to spend so much money on such a short part of the wedding, but the ceremony really is the most important and your officiant can make or break the whole thing, so I think he's worth it! Good luck!
  • Options
    We hired an interfaith minister out of Charlestown and are paying 600. I really hate spending that much, but like PPs said, our personalities matched and I really want to remember the ceremony.
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • Options
    we are paying 300 for a JOP in the bristol area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards