Nevada-Las Vegas

Pampas for Reception?

Hello knotties!! I'm an out of town bride(Houston, Texas) and wanted to get your thoughts on having my reception at Pampas. I have already mailed out invitations and the wedding is 9/10/11, is it a good idea to change the reception location?

Re: Pampas for Reception?

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Decent reviews on Yelp.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/pampas-brazilian-grille-las-vegas

Why are you reconsidering? 

Also, over 4 months out is a long time out to send invites. Were they actual invites or just save the dates?  If STDs, then address the issue with the invite.  If invites then either send out a follow up piece, post on your website or call everyone.  Don't assume that everyone will be at the wedding ceremony to find out the new location.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our first Reception Venue was Pampas.  But after pouring over Open Table reviews, I decided against it.  We were thinking it was similar or as good as Fogo de Chao (also a Brazilian Steakhouse) but from the Open table reviews it turned out Pampas WAS too good to be true.  In fact, a number of reviews specifically said "if you are expecting Fogo de Chao you will be extremely disappointed", and advised that the service at Pampas was not good at all.  We didn't want to risk it.

I sent my invites out in February for my May wedding and it worked out well.  I am SO glad we had a RSVP count by April 1.

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH, and I changed my reception venue TWICE, and just even had the 2nd venue listed on the invitation.  I am just mailing out itineraries with the new venue on it, and I changed it on the wedding website.  The reception venue will also be announced after our ceremony ends, and we're transporting our guests from the ceremony to the reception anyways.  There are definitely ways to change the venue and let your guests know, if you feel strongly about changing like I did I say go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    I changed our reception venus about 5 months out. Our invites had not gone out and I didnt have the reception info on the invites anyway. I did contact the lady on etsy who made our invites and asked her to make a reception card to match.

I would do as aegrish is doing and send something out before the wedding and once reception details are final.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm changing the reception location because after reading the reviews I'm not certain I will be satisfied with the service. I live in Houston, Texas and have planned the entire wedding from here. We are getting married in Vegas and wanted to do something different, hence the Brazilian restaurant. The invitations didn't reference the location of the reception, so I guess it's no big deal.

Thanks ladies for all the suggestions!
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your reception is immediately following and you aren't offering a meal choice, then no need to worry. Change away.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards