Ohio-Toledo
Options

Courtyard at the Docks

It looks like Courtyard at the Docks is shut down again.  Not sure if anyone has them booked or if you are considering them. 

Re: Courtyard at the Docks

• Options
    Yep I have them booked for June 22, 2013. Thank God I have 9 months to figure this out, but I am sure I will not find a hall for the same date, let alone in June :(

If anyone else finds out any information please post on here. I am trying to get ahold of the wedding coordinator for Courtyard (Corey), but of course he is not returning my phone calls. I do not know what happens with the money we put down, or if there are any plans for another restaurant taking over?? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    We looked at the Courtyard at the Docks and we very weary because it closed the year before when it was the Navy Bistro (I knew of two brides who were displaced because of it). Not to mention we didn't care for Corey or his lack of urgency.

I hope the brides who booked there can find new reception venues... there are many options in Toledo at that price point.

Emgr1001 you should check out the Mt.Vernon Room at Parkway place... it is still open for June 22nd and it's a very nice room!
  • Options

emgr101
    I sent you a private message.

• Options
    Thank you LauraandNick! We looked at this location, but if I remember correctly it does not have an outdoor space for a ceremony. We originally wanted the ceremony and reception to be at the same location. This may have to change now, so I will get in contact with this location!

Castillo I sent a message back.

Thank you ladies for all the help:)
  • Options
    Emily I left you a voicemail. Let me know if you didn't get it. I may have a solution for you on a ceremony and reception location.
  • Options
    OMG!!! Please tell me that the Docks are not closed!!!! I am getting married there or at least I am suppose to get married there in May, 2013!!!!\. We just ordered our invitations!!! We're screwed!!! And I'm freaking out!!!!
  • Options
    Justjosie my FI talked to Corey from Courtyard. They are closed right now. He did say there are 2 companies looking to take over the property, but who knows when that would happen. We already booked another venue and were lucky enough to get the same date. Corey also said (supposively) every bride can get all their money back if you contact him. I did that yesterday, so I will let you know what happens.

If I were you I would not stay at the Courtyard. You should look at other halls around town and see if they have your date available. I do not trust the whole situation, and feel much better that we are out of it. It really sucks about the invitations, but you do not want to be a month out from the event and get screwed.
  • Options
    Thanks emrg1001. I actually called and left Corey a message today! So we will see. I just think it's fowl that they didn't contact anyone to give them a heads up. I am out looking for a new venue but if I don't find what I'm looking for, we may just be having a destination wedding in Jamaica!! Thanks for the info and good luck to you!
  • Options
    Josie I sent you a private message.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any information about booking this place for January 2014?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards