New York-Western

Need Help with Reception Venue in Rochester Area

My fiance and I have been looking for a venue for over a month and not finding one we like. I am out of ideas... I'm trying to find a large space (enough for about 250 ppl), wood floors, big windows, brick or stone inside would be cool, shabby-chic, elegant but almost rustic- but not a lodge, not a golf course, nothing outdoors........

I know I am being extremelyt picky here, but I want the perfect place. Does anyone know of anything like this in Rochester?
Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Need Help with Reception Venue in Rochester Area

• edited December 2011
    The Lower Mill/ Rabbit Room might work for you, I am not sure how many people it can accommodate, it is about half an hour from Rochester.  Or maybe Artisan Works might catch your fancy?  It is an art museum and has hard wood floors and has kind of a cool vibe- it can accommodate up to 300.  Another place worth trying (if you are willing to make the drive) is Bristol Harbor Resort (yes they have golf there), but it is definitely rustic (and beautiful). It is about 45 minutes away from Rochester.  Another place worth looking might be the Italian American Community Center (the pictures they have on the website are horrid, and don't do it justice)... possibly could be considered "rustic" italian?  Their chapel is certainly Rustic, and very beautiful.  There's also Esperanza Mansion out near Penn Yan (about an hour and a half away) That's the best I can think of for now, but something might come to me later.  Good luck! 
    "Love is friendships set to music"
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Buffalo but have a lot of family in Rochester...my cousin had his wedding at Artisan Works and it was a great venue. 
  • rtmdmomrtmdmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should look at the Harro East Ballroom. It is HUGE, wooden floors, tons of large windows. I wouldn't call it rustic, but it has an old fashioned look to it.  It is brick on the outside and the facade almost looks like an old theatre. 
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Daisy Flour Mill??
    Vacation Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I will check those places out. We did look at the Rabbit Room- unfortunately we went there for dinner to see how the food was and they served us RAW (yes, raw) chicken... the steak was amazing though, and so was the bread, but the raw chicken really turned us off to the place!

Harro East is gorgeous, but it is also where my sister had her reception, so I am trying to find soemthing different. Although, if nothing else works, Harro East is my fallback.

So, we are looking into Hurd Orchard right now, in Holley NY. I am going to look at the places you guys posted though. Thank you so much for commenting. It really helps alot!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards