Christian Weddings

Bachelorette Parties

What are you doing (what did you do) for your bachelorette party?  Are you even having one?  I was looking to get some Christian opinion on this, mainly just because I thought it might be an interesting discussion.

I am having a bachelorette party, and I have discussed with my MOH exactly what it will be.  We will get together with all of the BMs and myself - possibly at my apartment - after lunch on a Saturday.  We will go shopping at a local outdoor mall (which is really nice), followed by dinner at the legendary LuLu's.  After that we will all drive back to my apartment, where all the BMs will spend the night.  We will stay up late watching movies and doing at-home spa stuff (facials, mani-pedis, etc.).  The next morning when we wake up, we will have a laid-back brunch at my apartment and I will give all of the BMs their attendant gifts.  I am so excited!
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Bachelorette Parties

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Since my parents & brothers, and FI's family, GMs, and OOT guests are staying at the hotel where the reception is the night before the wedding, my BMs and I are all coming back to my house to play some games, make some mocktails, and they've mentioned doing a little lingerie party then.  Rehearsal will be the first time I'll have all my girls in the same room (let alone the same side of the country) so we're doing it all that night.
  • squeakyducksqueakyduck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls and I are going go-karting, then for mani-pedis and then to someones house for a slumber party with wedding themed movies and probably some wine. 

And since my little bro agreed to stand on my side, he's invited to the go-kart part! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Butting in...I think that sounds really fun. 

I am having a bachelorette party, and I have discussed with my MOH exactly what it will be.

But I was a bit confused did you plan your bach party or did the MOH plan it and just told you.  I'm not saying this b/c I have a firm believe one way or the other but I just wanted to warn you that some knotties can get really snarky if the bride has any part of planning the bach party (with the exception of providing a guest list w/addresses-that is within the number of guests the host has set and possibly to set a date to make sure the bride doesn't have a conflicting schedule) This goes for bach parties, showers etc any pre-wedding party.

I just didn't want you to get jumped on if you go to another board.  I have done lots of lurking around and seen really rude comments on this heated debate topic.

Have fun at your bach party!!!

To answer your question I should be having one.  I hear tid-bits every now and then.  Also, I've been asked about a date for one. 
  • edited December 2011
    Aw,  I'm planning a friend's bach party and we are doing karaoke at a local restaurant with a bunch of friends.  should be a lot of fun.  I have NO  IDEA what my MOH or BM's might be planning for me, it's not really time yet for them to think about it, so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.  Plus, I think I'd like to be surprised... I have enough to plan with our wedding, so I don't really even want to know what the Bach party will be until we do it!  It's been nice to spend time with them shopping and talking on the phone, etc, so my own Bach party  is almost the last thing on my mind right now!  Got to call and sign contracts with photographer, reception place, and DJ among some other things this month... 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what my bachelorette party consist of but I have some really fun friends so I am sure it will be a blast!
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bacelorette-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:627cdcba-6255-4c03-9beb-5b9d5af012b8Post:e18a39f7-d735-49e8-9d9a-c508a8751332">Re: Bachelorette Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]Butting in...I think that sounds really fun.  I am having a bachelorette party, and I have discussed with my MOH exactly what it will be. But I was a bit confused did you plan your bach party or did the MOH plan it and just told you.  I'm not saying this b/c I have a firm believe one way or the other but I just wanted to warn you that some knotties can get really snarky if the bride has any part of planning the bach party (with the exception of providing a guest list w/addresses-that is within the number of guests the host has set and possibly to set a date to make sure the bride doesn't have a conflicting schedule) This goes for bach parties, showers etc any pre-wedding party. I just didn't want you to get jumped on if you go to another board.  I have done lots of lurking around and seen really rude comments on this heated debate topic. Have fun at your bach party!!! To answer your question I should be having one.  I hear tid-bits every now and then.  Also, I've been asked about a date for one. 
    Posted by ecuchika[/QUOTE]

I think the problem people have with that is when the bride is <u>demanding</u> that her BMs plan something for her to her specifications entirely. If the MOH (or BMs) are asking her what she'd like, then that's different. I know that isn't always the case, but I just didn't see that as a fair generalization for other boards.

For my cousin's wife's bachelorette, we went to the beach and then came back to her SIL's house where we played some games and had a mini lingerie shower as well, and had some BBQ. It was a lot of fun, just being able to hang out like that.

For my friend's upcoming wedding, we've been looking at going away for a weekend at a cottage hopefully. Kind of like a mix between a slumber party and staying at a hotel. I think there are a lot of fun ideas that don't fall under the stereotypical bachelorette category.
  • edited December 2011
    These are all good ideas! I thought about lots of things- a musical/show, spa day, girls night in/sleepover, etc. but I really like the cottage weekend idea! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bacelorette-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:627cdcba-6255-4c03-9beb-5b9d5af012b8Post:e18a39f7-d735-49e8-9d9a-c508a8751332">Re: Bachelorette Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]But I was a bit confused did you plan your bach party or did the MOH plan it and just told you. 
    Posted by ecuchika[/QUOTE]
    My MOH asked me what I wanted.  I said that I would like to do something similar to a BM's birthday party last year - a birthday party that my MOH planned and hosted for that BM.  She was relieved because she already had the details worked out from last time, haha.  The only thing different is the restaurant we're having dinner at, which the aforementioned BM and MOH suggested we add to the bachelorette party when I casually mentioned having never been there.  The idea to go straight into the Bridesmaids Brunch after the bach party was all my idea.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    My BMs asked me what I wanted to do for my bachelorette, but I wasn't sure what I wanted (I'm so indecisive and I enjoy surprises).  My BMs are my best friends, though, and they know how I am as we've known each other for over ten years.  I also know that they wouldn't plan something trashy or something that goes against my faith convictions, since we're all of the same faith.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an old married lady, but...

I didn't really have one.  The week before the wedding my best friend from high school who was one of my BMs came and stayed with me in H's and my new house (neither of us were living there yet).  We watched movies and painted our toenails and were basically just silly together.

The night before the wedding, my very best friend in the whole wide world, who was also my MOH, spent the night at the house with me.  She was already married, so we stayed up late talking and she gave me all kinds of advice.  The next morning we got up and got ready for the wedding.
  • golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls and I went out to a nice/trendy restuarant, danced for hours at a near by restaurant that turns into a sort of night club w/ a dj at night and then had a sleep over in a hotel and bfast together the next morning.  It was super fun and I'm happy we went out  because I feel like I hardly ever get to go "out on the down" with my girls anymore now that college is over.
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping I don't end up having a bach party. My sister and my MOH are both much more the party type than I am, and they aren't even getting into town until late Friday night. Saturday is going to be filled with the rehearsal and other prep stuff, and Sunday is the wedding, so I think it may end up getting kind of overlooked, which I am *totally* ok with. ;)

On the other hand, my FMIL is talking about planning a small lingerie party with girls in the immediate families sometime the week before the wedding, which I think sounds cool. :) How is it that a woman who has known me for only about a year is better in tune with my tastes than my MOH and sister who have known me much longer?

• edited December 2011
    For my friend's wedding (I'm one of her bridesmaids) we're going to Dave & Busters.  Figure we'll rent an area for some snacks and then I saw they do a margarita bar, which sounds like a lot of fun! (We're not big drinkers, but we'll both have one or two.) 

For mine, we're thinking about doing a wine tour since I live in the Finger Lakes area.  Or if we can swing it, go to Disney World :)

And yes, we're both helping with the planning, or at least the "I think this would be fun."  It's for her, and I know she's not into surprises, so I want her to have a good time.  Not worry about the details, but still get her input.  We both live in different states, so it's a lot easier to organize if we can get each other's input.  We've also agreed to no games or male organs on straws, hats, necklaces, etc.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just got done discussing this with my MOH. I gave my  MOH a general idea of what I wanted and I'm letting her plan from there. It's not really going to be a Bach. party nor a bridal shower. I told her I wanted like a Ladies Tea/ Brunch so that no one feels a need to buy me anything also it gives my MOH and me a chance to celebrate my marriage with all of my friends who are not in the BP.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards