New York-Hudson Valley

Peekskill Homestyle Bakery

Hi, did anyone have their cake tasting recently? I am going Saturday, this is the bakery that my venue has sent us to because it's included in our package. While I have heard great things about their final products, I have read that the intial meeting is less than perfect.  I am just hoping we get to taste a few different flavors, I read on one review they were only able to taste lemon and vanilla...which I definitely wont be considering for my cake!  Anyone??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Peekskill Homestyle Bakery

• My cake isn't from there but we've ordered several cakes from here & all have been delicious.

Just an FYI - make sure you go over everything with them & have it all in writing. My parents handled the cakes for our engagement party but even after going there in person, they still managed to get my FH's name wrong. They had Paul instead of PHIL 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cool, thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had so many compliments on the cake for home style. Enjoy
  • We also ordered our cake from Homestyle.  We were really happy with them.
  • Glad to hear all of this, what flavors did you guys have?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our venue also uses Homestyle, so we went there a few months ago and loved their cakes, they also have a great reputation. They are kind of rough around the edges though! So don't be alarmed by that, it's just how they are I think!
    Anniversary
  • rachael7183rachael7183 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012

we are late, we are getting married in 29 days!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got ours from there and while I wasn't thrilled with the personalities of the people there, we got to taste 5 different kinds of cakes.  We went with the carrot, which was amazing.  Double tempation (chocolate cake with cheesecake filling) is also awesome.
  • We got our cake from there -it was great lots of compliments -
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards